Talk

Advanced search

Ugg boots - are they waterproof???

(29 Posts)
mamachat Thu 11-Sep-08 22:35:39

I have got fake uggs but they have lost shape as I wore them alot last year, thinking of investing in some real uggs boots.

Mine are so comfortable only problem is in rain my feet get really soaked. I feel if I have to spend some much on ugg boots they must be water proof... If you have any would love to hear what you think of yours??

babyOcho Thu 11-Sep-08 22:38:48

My Uggs only soak through at the tip of my toes when really really wet. Apart from that they were great all last Winter.

I cannot wait to get mine back out for the cold weather. It was like wearing slippers all the time grin

SunshineSmith Thu 11-Sep-08 22:40:12

No- they are not waterproof.

mamachat Thu 11-Sep-08 22:41:54

oh no wish they were waterproof... also do they loose their shape and look like they have been trampeled on?

ILikeYourSleeves Thu 11-Sep-08 22:45:17

Not waterproof at all. They are fine for walking on damp pavements but I wouldn't be jumping in puddles or going out in the rain. In fact I never wear mine now if the forecast is rain! Love them other than that Oh and mine haven't lost their shape at all, I've had them for 2 years now. I've seen cheapo versions that look awful and all lopsided, Uggs don't seem to do that, unless of course you have a tendency to walk lopsided

TheBlonde Thu 11-Sep-08 22:46:01

not waterproof but I have the Ultra short ones and they have a harder plastic sole and reinforced toes

ILikeYourSleeves Thu 11-Sep-08 22:46:01

BTW get them on Ebay, I got mine shipped from USA and they were sooooo much cheaper!

mamachat Thu 11-Sep-08 22:50:30

i have searched for a discount pair online and have found some for £67 for the tall ones, i seen them in the shop for £180... Do you think they will defently be real? The website says it is a factory outlet shop

ILikeYourSleeves Thu 11-Sep-08 22:53:21

I can't remember what the name of the company was I got mine from but they were 100% real, come in real box with leaflet etc. They had good photos and feedback. Check their return policy and ask if they are genuine.

mamachat Thu 11-Sep-08 22:56:33

ok will do, so the price seems pretty reasonable, what do you think?

platypussy Thu 11-Sep-08 23:00:18

Mamachat - please be careful £67 is too cheap.

ILikeYourSleeves Thu 11-Sep-08 23:01:08

Price seems great if they are genuine, I paid just under £100 I think for the mid leg length ones (inc P&P).

ILikeYourSleeves Thu 11-Sep-08 23:02:21

What's the website so we can try to see if they are genuine? Agree £67 seems too much of a bargain esp if RRP is £180.

themoon66 Thu 11-Sep-08 23:02:49

I understand they were orginally designed to be slippers for tough aussies. So no, they are not waterproof.

ChupitosGalore Thu 11-Sep-08 23:05:03

theyre not waterproof.
they were designed to warm you up after surfing, for sitting on the beach after a dawn surf and warming up quickly. not that that is relevant to anything at all.

i Loooove wearing uggs. v v comfy. i want more (mine are 2 yrs old now, at least, and are less comfy and certainly less good looking than they were.

mamachat Thu 11-Sep-08 23:09:14

www.ukuggboots.co.uk

hope thatwill work as never usually good at doing links...

ChupitosGalore Thu 11-Sep-08 23:15:23

i found that site earlier (am currently looking for some too)... they do look v nice and are prob well made etc... but they are not genuine brand Uggs. just so you know.
and most fakes are absolute rubbish.

emus are supposed to be as good as/some believe better than uggs... but id be v v wary of any other kinds.

mamachat Thu 11-Sep-08 23:18:25

how can you tell they are fake?

if you find real ones online that are cheap can youlet me know, Iam rubbish at this sort of thing...

ChupitosGalore Thu 11-Sep-08 23:40:54

ok will do... will no doubt be looking again tomorrow.
i think i found some for about 99 quid today
those ones are fake as you cant see a label anywhere and the description says whooge uggs or something.. they are their own brand ugg style boots.

Jewelsandgems Fri 12-Sep-08 07:46:20

If you want to be sure of the real thing I would buy from a shop. Plus you can try them on to work out which ones you want, and can be sure you have something 100% genuine. I know they cost more, but 180 better spent in my opinion than spending half that on something that is fake, won't last and won't keep their shape. I bought mine from a shop and two years on they still look great and I wear then quite alot in winter (not on wet days) and store them layed down in their box - honastly they still look like new [have the tall chesnut ones]

ILikeYourSleeves Fri 12-Sep-08 10:09:55

Hi mamachat, yes those ones you have listed aren't genuine Uggs. Look out for the label, check what the site says re authenticity etc. Have you checked ebay? I looked up my feedback and I bought mine from 'shore-trends' and they were 100% genuine but I checked her listings and she is only selling leopard uggs just now (yuk). Happy shopping!

widgypog Fri 12-Sep-08 18:22:26

be careful..ugg is a generic term for those type of boots as well as a brand name..The uggs that are what people call the 'real 'ones are actually made in china ..check the writing on the back is exactly the same as ones sold in Jones' or Schuh etc

kt14 Fri 12-Sep-08 19:01:27

There's a really good guide to spotting fake Uggs on ebay which helped me get 2 genuine pairs from there. If you're paying much less than £100 for an Ugg boot you need to question why.. mine (the short style) were around £98 each inc shipping.

It's the Deckers Ugg you need to look for, they are made in China and have a branded sole. Don't bother with the fakes, my friend got some for £80 and they fell apart pretty quickly. Better off with a non branded version (Next or the like) for less money and better quality than the fake Uggs will give you.

shhhh Fri 12-Sep-08 21:53:05

I looked for ugg's on the web and was moments away from buying a pair off ebay BUT im glad I didn't..I know people rave about ugg's etc but I couldn't justify th amount and worried if they were genuine.

I settled on a pair from Next, from the childrens section so only cost me £20 and yeah I know, will prob look crap come next winter BUT imo I change tastes so often that I would rather have something cheaper iykiwm. although believe me, this isn't always my moto wink grin

Piffle Fri 12-Sep-08 22:00:16

was anyone tempted to say lambs are waterproof this uggs must be? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now