Talk

Advanced search

Need help with undereye bags and shadows - what's the best concealer?

(25 Posts)
Bobbiewickham Thu 11-Sep-08 11:28:47

Touche Eclat not doing it for me any more sad

Benefit boing - nope

new benefit paste thingy - rubbish.

What do you all use?

Help me - I'm lookin' ooold.

CostaRicanCod Thu 11-Sep-08 11:29:16

oyu need fake tan mate

CostaRicanCod Thu 11-Sep-08 11:29:27

the aldi one is very good nad a bargin

ArcticRoll Thu 11-Sep-08 11:31:51

By Terry -similar to Touche Eclat but better-you can get it from Space NK

Bobbiewickham Thu 11-Sep-08 11:36:26

I can't do fake tan - I am really really pale and it just doesn't rub in on me.

I've got celtic colouring - more blue than white.

Aldi, eh? Any good for sensitive skin?

How much is the space nk one? Is it available online?

No space nk where I live <<fumes>>

ArcticRoll Thu 11-Sep-08 11:47:40

Slightly more expensive than TE- think about £24.
Not sure if availlable online.

Bobbiewickham Thu 11-Sep-08 11:54:55

Ta, will check it out.

Shooflypie Thu 11-Sep-08 12:26:54

The thing that's made a big difference to me lately is wearing a primer - makes the skin look dewy and foundation/ concealer go on much better. (And if you saw my skin you would see what a miraculous product it is grin). I got a Laura Mercier one from Space NK and I got a concealer from there which is good too - like Touche Eclat but better. Sure you'd be able to get online.

macherie Thu 11-Sep-08 12:58:45

Bobbi Brown Eye Brightener.

It comes in a little pot, you can apply it with a brush or fingers. I have purples shadows under my eyes and have tried all the usual suspects to disguise them but this is the only thing that works for me. It comes in lots of shades so you get a much better colour match than other concealers.

Bobbiewickham Thu 11-Sep-08 12:58:52

Oh, good, I've just bought a Ruby and Millie primer.

Bobbiewickham Thu 11-Sep-08 12:59:24

Bobbi Brown - can you get online?

macherie Thu 11-Sep-08 13:03:55

Not sure, I got mine in House of Fraser. Probably best to get the first on in person so you get the right colour, then you could by more on ebay.com (the US sells los of BB)

cocolepew Thu 11-Sep-08 13:05:18

NO 7 is good, about £12 I think.

Megglevache Thu 11-Sep-08 13:11:05

I have given up on that score mine are now soooo bad. i used to use TE then for some strange reason after 6 years of using it my eyes became really itchy- there was a recommedation here for the Clarins one which is ok put I find it just sinks into my wrinkles and looks awful after 20 minutes, dito the Benefit one which I found awful.

The Laura Mercier one is meant to be good but I daren't fork out in case it's crap.

tyaca Thu 11-Sep-08 13:19:53

hehe bobbi... i too have blue skin. in summer the most that happens to me is i go from skimmed milk shade to semi-skinned.

i also have the world's worst eye bags. awful awful awful. BUT have just given up on my touche eclat after i read about a mac concealer. its called studio finish and is a professional product used to cover tattoes etc. best product i've ever used and only a tenner. am going to give this bobbi brown one a go tho too.

did you see that superbotox me doc on channel 4 a couple of weeks ago? the presenter had awful eye bags and then had a non-surgical procedure and the result was incredible. but OMG the procedure looked awful - there's no way i could bring myself to do it.

Bridie3 Thu 11-Sep-08 13:23:06

Touche eclat doesn't work for eye bags--at least, that's been my experience. What was the non-surgical procedure, tyaca?

My bags are worse if I'm experiencing allergies, which I am at the moment. I think the gunk runs out of my sinuses into the bags.

tyaca Thu 11-Sep-08 19:29:27

oh god bridie it was awful. i dont remember what they did but i do remember the following

**do not read if squeasmish*

she was awake throughout (lots of valium and local anathestics) they put metal clamps on her eyeballs and she had to rinse her eyes every three hours for four days afterwards so she wouldnt get infected.

bah.. great doc i reccommend seeking it out on 4od if you get the chance. the journo presenting it was called kate spicer

Megglevache Thu 11-Sep-08 21:08:09

isn't it drying?

Doesn't it settle in the wrinkles?

TheInvisibleManDidIt Thu 11-Sep-08 21:21:13

Theres one by rimmell thats fantastic. and mineral makeup on top looks brilliant.

Will have a look at it for exact name...

TheInvisibleManDidIt Thu 11-Sep-08 21:25:30

rimmel recover anti-fatigue concealer smile

Bridie3 Thu 11-Sep-08 21:30:32

Thanks tyaca. I am so desperate with my bags I'd almost try anything. At the moment I'm trying anti-allergy medicine to see if that will help.

Rimmel concealers ARE good. I just use a cheap one of theirs and it's just as good as Mac!

LaDiDaDi Thu 11-Sep-08 21:30:59

After reading a recommendation on here I've been using a Collection 2000 one £cheap as chips and it's great, better than TE which I found too drying for the under eye area.

hifi Thu 11-Sep-08 22:31:48

i have used these for a night out, i did look space nk

hifi Thu 11-Sep-08 22:32:15

i have used these for a night out, i did look fresherspace nk

girlsnextdoor Fri 12-Sep-08 07:58:21

I like Bobbi Brown concealer- you need to get it colour matched- too pale and it will actually highlight the bags!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now