Talk

Advanced search

After reading the rainproof coat thread...

(44 Posts)
MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Wed 10-Sep-08 21:34:53

and seeing the Extreme Squall jacket linked reduced from £90 to £18 - well I ordered one and it arrived tonight, oh it is lovely if a little large, the fabric feels completely different to how you expect and discovered on further inspection that it has an Avalanche Rescue system on it lmfao handy when going to Tesco... hmm
Am sure it'll get a good test out tomorrow if the weather forecast is anything to go by!

Here it is for anyone interested
clickez moi

CostaRicanCod Thu 11-Sep-08 07:34:38

i have a white one i also wear in thesummer alsoform lands end

CostaRicanCod Thu 11-Sep-08 07:35:51

i wonder what tis si like on

FlightofhteGiantHardon Thu 11-Sep-08 07:43:58

Wow. I really like that but i can't wear something so...white iyswim.

Did they have other colours?

Megglevache Thu 11-Sep-08 07:52:36

but that hood will never stay on in the breeze, that's what I'm after grin

Megglevache Thu 11-Sep-08 07:54:08

is it cut generously or not/ what is the sizing like?

CostaRicanCod Thu 11-Sep-08 07:56:52

the hood on mine( si the lightweaight squall thing) has wire in it to keep ti rigid.

Megglevache Thu 11-Sep-08 07:59:49

liek a drawstring thingie?

Megglevache Thu 11-Sep-08 08:02:00

I have ordered one, white!! <freaks out> It'll need washing every other day!

I really need a waterproof for the school run, hope this doesn't make me look like a fat train spotter grin

CostaRicanCod Thu 11-Sep-08 08:35:31

no liek tiw wired somehow

frogs Thu 11-Sep-08 08:39:07

My stadium squall coat arrived yesterday. It's not the world's sexiest coat by a long shot, but should do what it says on the tin. Warm but lightweight, which is good. Loads of handy pockets.

8/10 for function, 5/10 for style.

Pigstyle Thu 11-Sep-08 09:31:43

I need one with a zip right down-fighting my way into a coat for the school rund would do my head in.

frogs Thu 11-Sep-08 09:37:46

The stadium squall coat has a zip all the way down. A two-way zip in fact. smile

uberalice Thu 11-Sep-08 09:43:15

I got my stadium squall this week too. Really pleased with it and I can't wait for some cold weather so I can try it out. Sad eh?

WilfSell Thu 11-Sep-08 09:44:50

I have my stadium squall in black. It's great although the sizing is large for the lower size in the range but snug on the upper end (I still have a bulging baby belly so the 16-18 is straining a bit; hence all the exercise to get it down)

It is a plain coat but brilliantly designed. Light and warm. Has a drawstring waist for a bit of shape or you can leave it swingy.

Great details - handwarmer pockets and proper pockets, excellent hood, good zips and vents. I am liking it very much.

DforDiva Thu 11-Sep-08 09:55:25

i quite like extreme squall one, not stadium one, seems to long to me.
good price too

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Thu 11-Sep-08 14:53:45

Some answers

- you don't need to fight your way in, there is a handy zip down the one side for ease of putting on

- sizing is more then generous

- colours seems to be only white, I would have rather had a darker colour but for that price I won't complain!

- hood was quite large which is great for me as I have a big heid hmm - it has a drawstring bungee cord wotsit anyway to keep it on securely - the fur is detachable as is the whole hood itself

batters Thu 11-Sep-08 15:05:29

I've ordered the city squall from Lands End. I decided not to add a monogram!!

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Thu 11-Sep-08 15:11:08

lol batters, I was just looking at some gloves, and noticed a monogramming option, how la de dah!

batters Thu 11-Sep-08 15:11:53

I was wondering if they would monogram rude words, actually.....!

Megglevache Thu 11-Sep-08 16:16:06

Oooh I can't wait to get it, It even has a handy pocket for train timetables wink

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Thu 11-Sep-08 16:17:47

not forgetting the Avalanche Rescue System ;)

Gingerbear Thu 11-Sep-08 16:19:16

It has a ST Bernard Built in.
Farkin 'ell, must be sized generously to accommodate pooch!

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Thu 11-Sep-08 16:24:41

hmmm maybe thats why I thought the coat was rather big - and there was no dog in the box...

<emails Land's End about my missing dog>

Megglevache Thu 11-Sep-08 16:41:36

what the hell is that though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now