Talk

Advanced search

I need some new underwear, bras specifically. Suggestions please!

(7 Posts)
penona Wed 10-Sep-08 21:21:39

I am wearing a 32D but it's too small and I'm spilling out. Have put on a stone since having the DTs and now none of my bras really fit (am guessing new size about 34D maybe? Only cup is too small and back just a little tight)

Would like something underwired, nice looking and that I can buy online preferably. Any ideas? I have been wearing the Calvin Klein perfectly fit T shirt bra for about 4 years in various colours and sizes and it's rather dull!

Thanks

slayerette Wed 10-Sep-08 21:36:25

Although you want to buy online, you're going to need to be properly fitted. Bravissimo are fantastic - I was in entirely the wrong size for yrs before I discovered them and now I don't go anywhere else. Once you've been fitted by them, they have a great online range.

MmeLindt Wed 10-Sep-08 21:41:14

Another vote for Bravissimo. I have just discovered them and am so happy with my new bras. When I was fitted the saleswoman mentioned that they can fit you over the phone. My friend has done this and got the right size.

penona Wed 10-Sep-08 21:44:05

Where do I go to buy them then? Will any store fit me? Fitting on the phone sounds great, although have no idea how that would work. Give the DTs something to laugh at anyway!

Am googling now...

flowerybeanbag Wed 10-Sep-08 21:50:27

You need to get measured. I did this recently, after 16 months of pregnancy and post-pregnancy.

I went into JOhn Lewis wearing the bra I thought fitted me best, nice lady in John Lewis didn't measure me, just looked, examined the bra I was wearing and how it was fitting and brought a variety to try.

She told me about what style would fit me best, told me what size I should choose in 'own brand' bras, and what size in designer. I came away with 2 bras in different sizes and have ordered more online. It's so lovely having underwear that fits properly!

Oumasrusks Thu 11-Sep-08 08:08:21

I also vote for Bravissimo. They are fantastic. I won't buy bras from anywhere else.

MutantSpaceGoat Thu 11-Sep-08 08:10:53

bravissimo are v. good fitters. i got fitted properly (not bravissimo) and now buy my bras from ebay. i stick to a brand and style that i know fits.

i just bought a fabulous freya number for £8!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now