Talk

Advanced search

Ok it's not really style and beauty but....exercises for bingo wings

(18 Posts)
VersdeSociete Wed 10-Sep-08 10:32:12

...and why isn't there a fitness topic?
Have just seen mine sort of lolloping around short sleeves on dress and realised situation more dire than I thought. What can one do? I mean at home not at a gym? helpety, help. tia

MutantSpaceGoat Wed 10-Sep-08 10:33:25

pilates - and yes it hurts.

VersdeSociete Wed 10-Sep-08 10:35:54

Interesting, mutantgoat. Can one teach self pilates? Could I conceivably get results by time fo exciting party in December? [insanely optimistic emoticon]

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Wed 10-Sep-08 10:41:16

Tricep kickbacks - do them with a weight at the gym or at home with a bottle of water.

Here's a clip he appears to be naked but I'm sure he isn't

MamaG Wed 10-Sep-08 10:42:20

You should be able to get a girdle for bingo wings

like a tubigrip for children worn under a long sleeved top grin

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Wed 10-Sep-08 10:42:41

Or tricep dips. <slightly afraid of looking further on that site so will find another example>

MutantSpaceGoat Wed 10-Sep-08 10:42:58

lynn robinson dvds are good but ideally you should go to a class. other wise do what the naked man says!

MutantSpaceGoat Wed 10-Sep-08 10:43:32

mamag, get yourself on dragons den.

MamaG Wed 10-Sep-08 10:44:06

<<applies for dragons den>>

VersdeSociete Wed 10-Sep-08 10:48:06

Yes but these girdles won't look so hot poking out of lovely shortsleeved frock...
<evicts mamag from dragons' den>
Thanks for naked man, will look at him when not at work....

suzywong Wed 10-Sep-08 10:48:54

yes yes to tricep dips

and also one arm rows

start off at 2 lots of 12 for each arm then after you can manage that for 8 workouts move on to heavier weights, increments of 250g

If you don't have weights you can fill bottles with water as saggars says make sure you can grip them comfortably

these do exercie the right muscles but an all over diet and general exercise programme will make your new muscles show throw your upholstery, so to speak. Come and join WWW's healthy threads for support and encouragement

VersdeSociete Wed 10-Sep-08 10:52:31

I'll do it! I will start the triceps stuff today, I will join www's thread! I will not encase my entire body in tubigrips as briefly contemplated! (Would have to wear strange catsuit to party, would be horrid)

suzywong Wed 10-Sep-08 10:59:02

HURRAH!

i've recently shed 20lbs and started toning up and at the risk of sounding extraordinarily vain, my arms are fabulous, it's one of the first things that begin to show an improvement.

Could you get to a gym and have a induction session with a nice young man there focussing on using the free-weights? That way you can do them at home and not join the gym properly

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Wed 10-Sep-08 11:02:01

Wong is very wise. Go to the gym - have free introductory session and then go off to Tesco and pick up some cheapo weights to do at home.

weblette Wed 10-Sep-08 11:04:00

A set of tricep dips using the edge of the loo seat every time you're in there can work wonders

VersdeSociete Wed 10-Sep-08 11:29:44

I am gripped by enthusiasm! Thanks for the words of wisdom, wong and saggars. Very excited by thought of having "good" arms. Anyone read Naipaul's House for Mr Biswas? Mr B has thighs like hammocks. Those are my arms...
But not for long!

VersdeSociete Wed 10-Sep-08 11:30:07

And weblette!

OrmIrian Wed 10-Sep-08 11:32:32

Try getting around on crutches! I am going to have lovely toned upper arms soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now