Talk

Advanced search

Glam maternity dress recommendations - suitable for black tie AND a wedding

(17 Posts)
zoejeanne Tue 09-Sep-08 11:12:10

I'm 6 months pregnant and have 3 posh do's in the next 6 weeks - a work's black tie do, plus two weddings (one church, one hotel). I'd like to get a dress that will work for all three, but struggling to find the right thing at the moment. Please <begging emoticon> can you recommend any great dresses? Thank you!

ZJ.x

EffiePerine Tue 09-Sep-08 11:14:36

<<wanes to ZJ>>

this looked really nice in the catalogue but would depend on your colouring - or not glam enough for black tie?

EffiePerine Tue 09-Sep-08 11:18:35

or this?

EffiePerine Tue 09-Sep-08 11:27:14

love the colour

OllieWollieWoo Tue 09-Sep-08 12:11:45

What size and colouring are you? All those dresses ElliePerine picked were lovely!

zoejeanne Tue 09-Sep-08 13:04:45

Love those dresses - thanks effie <waves back>.

I'm a size 12, 5'5, mousy brown hair, average kind of girl - but I don't like wearing black, so these are all gorgeous colours. I'm getting quite cross with all the black maternity clothes, so these links are fab.

EffiePerine Tue 09-Sep-08 13:06:21

I know, why do all maternity clothes have to be monochrome? There must be somewhere that does glam colourful evening frocks...

EffiePerine Tue 09-Sep-08 13:10:50

ooh pricey but lovely

EffiePerine Tue 09-Sep-08 13:14:11

\linkhttp://www.tiffanyrose.com/maternity/clothing/GRC.html\this is a lovely site}

there are strapless dresses too if you can get away with them

EffiePerine Tue 09-Sep-08 13:14:28

try again

www.tiffanyrose.com/maternity/clothing/GRC.html

zoejeanne Tue 09-Sep-08 13:25:51

oooh, loveing that tiffany rose site - and wishing I was getting married, not just a guest, as the wedding dresses are beautiful!

zoejeanne Wed 10-Sep-08 13:12:12

bump to see if anyone can recommend any other retailers - so far have looked on
Blooming Marvellous
Formes
Crave
Tiffany Rose
Seraphine
Bumps
Isabella Oliver
and seen some I like, but wondering if I've missed anything. Thanks

ZJ.x

HelenMc1 Wed 10-Sep-08 13:36:36

I think www.mama-la-mode.com is fantastic. It is an online boutique which selects non-maternity labels and chooses the styles which will suit a growing bump.

It is a godsend for those who dont want to be tied to the usual maternity lines!

It has an amazing red Temperley dress on at the moment.

zoejeanne Wed 10-Sep-08 17:27:15

Thanks Helen, some lovely stuff there but beyond my budget sadly sad. However I might return once I've had the baby and then I could justify spending more on a lovely dress that would be worn more often.

abear Thu 11-Sep-08 16:58:58

When I was pregnant I had the same dilemma and got a sleeveless black knee length dress from Next (bit baby doll). I wore it with bright pink pashmina, hat, jewellrey & bag to brighten it up for the wedding and silver shoes, sparkly bag and shoes for the work party. Next don't have the same dress this year but someone must have something similar - if the dress is cheap and you buy accessories you can use post pregnancy or ones you already have even better!

zoejeanne Fri 12-Sep-08 13:44:51

abear - I love getting hats for weddings, so will definitely look to spend on the accessories. Thanks for the tip!

mumof2222222222222222boys Fri 12-Sep-08 14:26:03

I thought Formes was ok, if rather pricey, but at 8.5 months with DS2 I had to go to Buckingham Palace to see the Queen (DH got a gong!) and then I had a panic. I got a brilliant dress from Isabella Oliver which was really smart (and went well with a hat I'd worn to brother's wedding years ago). Wish I could get more stuff from her, but unlikely seeing as I'm unlikely to be pregnant again. Dress was purple wraparound which I wore to a couple of parties...could easily have been worn to work etc. Like others have said, depends on how you accessorise!

Have fun!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now