Talk

Advanced search

OT but - how many of you are on facebook?

(98 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Mon 08-Sep-08 22:53:43

just curious how many of us net-addicts are also on faffbook. Have lovely visions of mners flicking between browsers and windows from facebook as they whip up casseroles and try on shoe boots

littlelapin Mon 08-Sep-08 22:54:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LetThemEatCake Mon 08-Sep-08 22:54:43

twice?? huh?

JackieNo Mon 08-Sep-08 22:54:51

Nope - can barely keep up with MN, so have stayed clear of Facebook. I think there are a fair amount on there though.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 08-Sep-08 22:55:13

i have a facebook account but am not signed in right now. i do sometimes flick between mn and facebook though

twinsetandpearls Mon 08-Sep-08 22:56:29

Me. Why twice. I do flick between the two. Am currently organising beds for my family who are coming tonight but check in with FB and MN every half hour or so.

Why is this on style? Have you seen my FB profile picture and thought there is a woman on trend.

LetThemEatCake Mon 08-Sep-08 22:56:30

Jackie - again, just curious, but wouldn't you prefer FB over MN? Like to talk /share with people you know rather than with strangers with screen names?

Mamazon Mon 08-Sep-08 22:56:42

me
I few MNers have added me...but i can never remember which Mn name goes with which Rl name.

tis tres confusing

littlelapin Mon 08-Sep-08 22:58:04

LetThemEatCake Mon 08-Sep-08 22:59:04

yes, pearls, that's why!!

no, like i said - OT. But was discussing tomight the fact that FB sort of ties in with modern craving for visibility, like it allows you to be the star of your own relaity show practically - at least that's how some peopel use it. And I thought that you vain shallow style & beauty types woudl be the ones moist likely to be on it grin

I can relate, you see. That's me to a T.

twinsetandpearls Mon 08-Sep-08 22:59:41

I could not keep up with 2 facebook accounts and quite frankly I am too dull for there to be a need. grin

LetThemEatCake Mon 08-Sep-08 23:00:37

LIttle lapin are you the bunny or the wee lad?

twinsetandpearls Mon 08-Sep-08 23:01:24

I am totally vain and shallow so yes being the star of my own reality show appeals completely.

I had to do a little talk about me in assembly today as I am a new teacher to the school. The other newbies were really nervous and I was chuffed to get the chance to talk about myself. Infact they struggled to shut me up.

littlelapin Mon 08-Sep-08 23:01:58

LetThemEatCake Mon 08-Sep-08 23:03:33

twinsets yiou are my kind of lady!! I am so tempted to put photos of myslef on my profile page just so you will all tell me what a hottie I am! and I do love a chance to talk...

Lapin - gorgeous little boy! much nicer than that verminy rabbit

twinsetandpearls Mon 08-Sep-08 23:06:54

I am not brave enought to put pictures of myself on here, but some on facebook and load of dd and things we have done.

LetThemEatCake Mon 08-Sep-08 23:09:12

no, i have no photos on here either but my FB photos take up half of cyberspace I think ... and I get really annoyed when people don't write photo cmments - or when they write them to my inbox where they can't be seen by everyone

oh dear, shoudl I just audition for big brother now??!!

twinsetandpearls Mon 08-Sep-08 23:11:23

Most of my photos have comments on.

My profile picture is one I took when we were driving to the beach, because I was bored in the car and thought the best way to entertain myself was to organise a photo shoot for myself.

LetThemEatCake Mon 08-Sep-08 23:12:20

did you put on makeup for the purpose?

twinsetandpearls Mon 08-Sep-08 23:12:40

I cuoldn't do big brother because the general public would just think I am a vain self centered pompous twat. My friends however love all my funny ways .... I think hmm

twinsetandpearls Mon 08-Sep-08 23:13:14

Yes! Not a lot though I wanted it to look like I hadn't.

TequilaMockinBird Mon 08-Sep-08 23:13:50

I'm on facebook and regularly flick between the 2!

LetThemEatCake Mon 08-Sep-08 23:13:51

oh god, I was joking - could never/ would never do BB. I won't even watch it. Pathetic twaddle.

twinsetandpearls Mon 08-Sep-08 23:15:04

No in my younger days I did think about it, but then that teacher went on and made a show of herself and got sacked. If I could get my leg over that would be me! blush

twinsetandpearls Mon 08-Sep-08 23:15:54

just flicked grin will be back when dishwasher is one and beds made up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now