Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jeans to wear with boots

(12 Posts)
cloudberry Mon 08-Sep-08 22:51:50

Any recommendations? I know there have been countless threads about jeans but I'm looking for ones that go well inside boots and cover the dreaded post-baby muffin top (5 months post-natal tummy and 3 dcs so not so good at the moment!). I've looked online but they all seem to be low-rise. I live in the sticks so buy online only. I have straight leg jeans but they are still bulkier than I'd like. And less than £50 as I hope to look the flab when I stop breastfeeding.

cloudberry Mon 08-Sep-08 22:53:02

Lose the flab I mean

maidamess Mon 08-Sep-08 22:54:43

You need skinnies, with a higher rise. Don't try and stuff anything bigger in the leg than that into a boot. Do Marks do anything along those lines?

NappiesGalore Mon 08-Sep-08 22:56:15

narrow leg jeans from gap or anywhwree really, and spanx or own brand equivalent to suck in the tummy.
my advice is go for 2 sizes bigger than size chart says for day to day wear... or you'll be walking around with permanent gas retention trouble and resultant tummy ache (or is that just me?? lol)
seven for all mankind are a v nicely shaped jean ime

brimfull Mon 08-Sep-08 22:58:38

www.uniglo.co.uk do great jeans

maidamess Mon 08-Sep-08 22:59:04

these don't look too low rise

brimfull Mon 08-Sep-08 22:59:37

oops

cloudberry Mon 08-Sep-08 23:23:16

So many responses so quickly - thank you!! Uniqlo are great but the skinnies are low-rise, I'd already investigated, but thank you for the suggestion ggirl. I think I need an 8-9'' plus rise to deal with muffin spillage. Maidamess, wow these could be just the thing at £15 - thank you!

cloudberry Mon 08-Sep-08 23:25:26

Do Dorothy Perkins jeans come up big or small?

OllieWollieWoo Tue 09-Sep-08 07:55:16

Next have some high waisted jeans that don't look like high waisted ones once they are on - ie you don't show off the high waist bit like Cheryl Cole or Coleen Rooney and haven't got v wide bottoms!

Think they are 20 pounds and come in v dark blue or normal blue wash.
here or here

A lot better in RL than the pictures - they made my muffin top disappear!

maidamess Tue 09-Sep-08 17:43:10

I think Dorothy Perkins come up pretty much on the money...so buy your normal size.

CostaRicanCod Tue 09-Sep-08 17:44:10

yes i saw rl mate who ispost natal int eh next ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now