Talk

Advanced search

Afternoon tea at The Chinoiserie - what do I wear?

(14 Posts)
JRocks Mon 08-Sep-08 21:22:09

Er, that's it really. It says smart casual which always seems like such a minefield to me. And I'm in Cornwall so it's not such a big deal down here. Any thoughts/advice?

Thanks smile

JRocks Mon 08-Sep-08 21:43:41

Anyone? smile

controlfreakinfreaky Mon 08-Sep-08 21:45:07

a lovely day dress. good shoes / boots.

luckywinner Mon 08-Sep-08 21:47:36

I wore knee length a-line skirt and long sleeve jumper with dark tights and heels to tea at claridges last xmas. Nobody there was massively overdressed but we are going again this year (has become an annual xmas treat) and I think I will dress up a tiny bit more but only purely because I rarely have an excuse to dress up. Does that help?

luckywinner Mon 08-Sep-08 21:48:42

Ooh just read 'does that help' as quite harsh in my message. meant to put a smile after it, sorry, not harsh at all, just conscious I had written nothing of much use!

JRocks Mon 08-Sep-08 21:49:04

Yes, thank you! I like the idea of a dress or skirt. Now I need to find one....

luckywinner Mon 08-Sep-08 21:51:15

I know I have just been searching desperately for a wedding this weekend. I thought I had it all sussed then it decided to rain rain rain and now I realise my strappy sandals and summer dress just won't work in the chilly sept rain.

controlfreakinfreaky Mon 08-Sep-08 21:52:02

budget?
look at ghost online shop if you are able to splash out. some of their dresses are fantastic this season.

shop.ghost.co.uk/content/category/?category_id=5&ref=0&sale=0&Colour_Code=&Size=&searchtext=&all=1

controlfreakinfreaky Mon 08-Sep-08 21:52:46

i've bought 3 and am broke blush

JRocks Mon 08-Sep-08 21:56:08

I know! I'm wanting to cling onto the last of the (non existent) summer but am starting to wonder if autumnal might be the way forward.

CFF those ghost dresses are lovely, but probably a bit pricey for this particular event. I've got two weddings coming up too (winter and spring) so need to save some pennies for spectacular outfits for those. Good to keep them in mind though.

thanks people!

JRocks Mon 08-Sep-08 21:56:49

shock Oh you lucky thing - which ones?

controlfreakinfreaky Mon 08-Sep-08 22:01:33

shop.ghost.co.uk/shop/dresses/starburst_dress/D73/?page=0

shop.ghost.co.uk/content/product/?category_id=5&ref=0&sale=0&Colour_Code=&Size=&searchtext=&prod_des c_id=5051361117284

shop.ghost.co.uk/shop/dresses/jet_dress/D08/?page=0

controlfreakinfreaky Mon 08-Sep-08 22:02:47

what d'ya reckon?
with those and a pair of boots from last year i'm sorted til the summer!
i like a nice dress me...

JRocks Tue 09-Sep-08 12:16:20

I like! Especially the second one. I can't carry off that style too well, I'm sort of short and apple shaped and tend to look swamped very easily sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now