Talk

Advanced search

Urgently need red shoes for wedding on Saturday - please help me find some!

(26 Posts)
lovecat Mon 08-Sep-08 21:01:19

I have a red silk dress and matching coat/jacket to wear for the posh meal bit of the day, bought it thinking 'oh, I've got a lovely pair of red shoes that match this' - dug them out of the wardrobe yesterday and they are all cracked across the fronts with the red colour peeling off them (said shoes are about 15 years old so I shouldn't be surprised, I suppose...), so I need a new pair and quick!

I have 2 days to do shopping, our town has most big shops, can anyone please please please help me find a lovely pair of red heels (they have to be heels!) in time for the weekend?

Shade is a tomato red....

Thank you!

RUMPEL Mon 08-Sep-08 21:03:59

Here I have these:
www.schuhstore.co.uk/womens_main_frameset.asp

RUMPEL Mon 08-Sep-08 21:04:59

www.schuhstore.co.uk/womens_main_frameset.asp

RUMPEL Mon 08-Sep-08 21:05:21

Hard hearted Harlot do some gorgeous red shoes too.

RUMPEL Mon 08-Sep-08 21:05:59

Red is quite in just now so yuu should be able to get something - I adore red shoes grin have a nice night.

slayerette Mon 08-Sep-08 21:06:14

What about these?!

lovecat Mon 08-Sep-08 21:10:36

Ooh, slayerette, I like those! I did have a look in M&S yesterday but all they had were ones with a big black elastic band across the front, rather than that nice bow...

Rumpel, cheers, sadly the nearest Schuh to us is Lakeside so unless I get really frantic I'll have to give them a miss (shame, I like their stuff!).

Amandoh Mon 08-Sep-08 21:12:23

These are pretty and so are these.

slayerette Mon 08-Sep-08 21:13:25

I have that very pair, lovecat, and they are amazing grin DH v. impressed also. Just don't try to walk too far in them (particularly after a drink or two...) Definitely worth looking for. (Have seen the pair you describe with the black elastic and was not impressed either!)

SquiffyHock Mon 08-Sep-08 21:15:32

If you can't find the right shade, nude shoes look very elegant with red or you could do contrast with purple!

NotDoingTheHousework Mon 08-Sep-08 21:18:31

Message withdrawn

NotDoingTheHousework Mon 08-Sep-08 21:19:55

Message withdrawn

modernart Mon 08-Sep-08 22:13:56

Your dress and coat sound fab. Where did you get them from, if you don't mind me asking? smile

lovecat Mon 08-Sep-08 22:31:05

Ebay blush

It's from Hobbs originally, a few years old, i think, but the dress looks a lot like [http://www.hobbs.co.uk/index.cfm?page=1114&pageNumber=2 this] only in red silk.

lovecat Tue 09-Sep-08 14:01:28

So I bought them! Oh, they're gorgeous, aren't they?

Many thanks to Slayerette (and NDTH!) for pointing them out

And while I was out I also got these to go with my daytime outfit, which is black & white - I had a pair of black shoes I was planning to wear but couldn't resist these beauties!

Thanks to everyone for their help & advice!

NotDoingTheHousework Tue 09-Sep-08 14:18:23

Message withdrawn

lovecat Tue 09-Sep-08 14:45:38

They look sooooooo fabulous on, even though they're not quite the right shade of red I had to have them! And I will wear them with everything because they are so lush so ner!

I love Alan Garner... enchanting yet terrifying

slayerette Tue 09-Sep-08 18:53:43

I am very proud that you bought shoes I suggested (is that weird?!). They will look absolutely gorgeous on; men will drool and women will covet. My friends call them my Dorothy shoes. Just be v. careful after the first few glasses of champers - and have a fab time at the wedding!

NotDoingTheHousework Wed 10-Sep-08 20:39:28

Message withdrawn

slayerette Wed 10-Sep-08 20:47:30

grin grin grin

We should have a thread just for those of us who have them...

NotDoingTheHousework Wed 10-Sep-08 22:07:39

Message withdrawn

bratnav Thu 11-Sep-08 21:15:18

I am buying them tomorrow for my interview on Weds, can I join??

NotDoingTheHousework Fri 12-Sep-08 09:31:23

Message withdrawn

slayerette Fri 12-Sep-08 10:50:08

never mind a support thread; we'll soon have enough for a MN meet-up! Can you imagine -

DH: but how will you recognise the other MNetters?
Slayerette: it's the Fabulous Red Shoes meet-up, DH! How do you think?!

grin

lovecat Mon 15-Sep-08 16:28:11

And soon there will be many more of us... no less than SIX women asked me where I'd got them from at the wedding!

Oh, they are fab and lovely and so comfortable too!

Thank you again, slayerette, we ought to have that meet-up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now