Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know how to clean satin wedding shoes?

(8 Posts)
janmoomoo Mon 08-Sep-08 14:15:58

Cream ones that were actually my wedding shoes but I wore them to another wedding on Saturday and of course they are covered in mud and grass stains. Will a dry cleaners do them?

widgypog Mon 08-Sep-08 20:41:13

I am a dry cleaner and I cna tell you we dont/cant clean shoes if that helps. Try something from Robert Dyas I am sure they sell something for cleaning shoes or maybe a cobbler?

MerlinsBeard Mon 08-Sep-08 20:43:37

our local ones will NOT do them. however, if you live near a dance shoe place they often have a shoe dying service and can dye them their original colour again (may not work)

Lovingthepink Mon 08-Sep-08 20:44:42

When I was a ballet dancer we cleaner our satin ballet shoes with surgical spirit on a q tip. I hope that helps - don't get them too wet though...!

MerlinsBeard Mon 08-Sep-08 20:48:43

we never did that lovingthepink. The water stained the shoe!

Lovingthepink Mon 08-Sep-08 20:52:03

Which is why we used a q-tip and then rubbed gently on the marks. Did it for years. I think the sugical spirit was alcohol so not too wet IYSWIM

specialmagiclady Mon 08-Sep-08 22:42:14

There is a woman somewhere in North London who will do it. Winchmore Hill. I have number, and did it 5 years ago. How can I get it to you?

janmoomoo Tue 09-Sep-08 20:40:33

Thanks everyone. Sounds complicated. Will try a DIY job. But have changed by settings so can you PM me please specialmagiclady with the details in case my own efforts dont work! Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now