Talk

Advanced search

Buying my mum a watch - advice please! Would a small face with no numbers be too hard for her to read?

(7 Posts)
Overmydeadbody Mon 08-Sep-08 10:49:22

Ok, a slightly strange request, but cananyone advise me as to weather ifyou wear reading glasses it would be hard to read a small face on a watch without your glasses andshould I be loking forsomething a bit bigger?

She likes this one

Mimsy2000 Mon 08-Sep-08 10:51:00

i would find it hard to read and my glasses prescription is pretty small. assume your mum is [ahem] probably of the age where vision gets worse? i'd prob keep looking, but then again you said she wants it???

NomDePlume Mon 08-Sep-08 10:51:17

God, that looks really tiny. I don't wear readers (but I do wear specs although am short sighted) and I'd have to peer quite closely that one !

3littlefrogs Mon 08-Sep-08 10:51:46

Please buy her one that she can see. Dh bought me a lovely watch, but I had to take it back and change it because I couldn't see it without my reading glasses. I am in my early fifties, and my eyesight started to deteriorate from about 45.

NomDePlume Mon 08-Sep-08 10:51:52

I'd go for something in a similar style but with a larger face.

Overmydeadbody Mon 08-Sep-08 10:52:08

yes she wants it but I'm not sure she's thought through the practical implications and don't want to bring it up with her!

Overmydeadbody Mon 08-Sep-08 10:56:04

thanks everyone for the advice! much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now