Talk

Advanced search

really need your urgent help - wedding to go to on sat but nothing fits my post baby body:-(

(14 Posts)
mummy2katelyn Mon 08-Sep-08 09:58:59

hiya
can ne1 help me? Have family wedding to go to on sat and have just been through my clothes and nothing fits - at all. Been crying all weekend about this as will be first time some of my family have seen me since I had katy and I used to be slim.

I think i'm about a size 18 now (god that sounds huge)am tall and fair, curvy and busty.

I have to order something from the next directory today and havent a clue what will suit. It has to be next directory as i have no money to go proper shopping but have credit on my nextaccount so can pay it off in bits.

weddingis my posh cousins so needs to be formal and I'd like to look amazing even though i'm fat.

eternally greatful for help

Susie
xxx

Chequers Mon 08-Sep-08 10:00:47

Hiya, what colouring are you and what colours suit you? Do you have nice legs or would you rather cover them up?

Chequers Mon 08-Sep-08 10:03:43

I quite like this

mummy2katelyn Mon 08-Sep-08 10:07:53

thanks chequers,

I am blond (not peroxide but golden) with pale skin and grey eyes. have long hair which I'm going to get trimmed and a fringe cut in if I have enuff money.

my legs are ok from below the knee - above is a bit of a disater. I don't have cankles if thats what u mean!

mummy2katelyn Mon 08-Sep-08 10:09:36

i like that dress but think my boobs wont fit in it. and bigger sizes will be too big elsewhere

Chequers Mon 08-Sep-08 10:10:28

Difficult call with the weather as it is. Would you rather wear a dress/skirt or trousers?

mummy2katelyn Mon 08-Sep-08 10:10:54

colours - i usually wear black but like brown or sludgy green as well

like plum, bluey green

dont like beige, pastels

mummy2katelyn Mon 08-Sep-08 10:13:09

skirt i think

i have some aqua blue shoes that are quite posh

ummm - i also have a suede skirt that fits - is that horrible???

Chequers Mon 08-Sep-08 10:14:39

If you like bluey green you could try this top with a dresier skirt or trousers. That top would be good for hiding a post-baby tummy (like mine!)

Chequers Mon 08-Sep-08 10:15:49

No suede skirt sounds nice, what colour is it?

mummy2katelyn Mon 08-Sep-08 10:20:53

its dark green. a line and falls just eblow knee

would i wear thick black tights with it??

what shoes?

what top

god next is shit, love the baby clothes though

i like that top but not keen on my arms so would need a cardigan/ shrug or a jacket maybe

shit this is depressing but sooo appreciating your help

Chequers Mon 08-Sep-08 10:36:09

Not sure about the tights, if it's not very warm then maybe, depends how formal the wedding is. Is it a church, register office or hotel do?

I quite like this dress but not sure about black for a wedding.

Chequers Mon 08-Sep-08 10:37:01

Oh sorry, just seen posh cousing and formal. Poss not black tights then.

janmoomoo Mon 08-Sep-08 14:14:42

The weather may have done you a favour - I went to a supposedly posh wedding on Saturday and hardly anyone was wearing a lovely frock. Lots of ladies said they had changed what they were going to wear at the last minute because of the weather and it being too cold to wear all the lovely floaty beautiful things they had bought. So they had all raided their wardrobes for something warmer! So just to say that it may not be that formal after all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now