Talk

Advanced search

I have to look fab for a party on Friday....help!

(23 Posts)
Megglevache Sun 07-Sep-08 23:15:45

Bit of a crisis of confidence.

I have bought this dress to wear (which I now see is sodding £37!)hereand I really want these shoes yumm but can't spend that much money on suede shoes that will give me blisters and make me walk like a ladyboy grin My friend has been terribly unhelpful and just told me wear what you feel comfy in shock

Dh and I haven't been out for the longest time and the party will be full of glamazonians, dressed up to the nines. I really want to look and feel great.

I was thinking of maybe wearing a turquoise pashmina and some gold jewellery/earrings/cuff?

Bag? Dark opaque tights? Platform shoes, maybe in black instead or maybe a turquoise shoe???

I'm not going to post a nudey rudey pic of me but can you Gok me any way? Could you help me and make a super stylish suggestion.
Thanks awfully.

Megglevache Mon 08-Sep-08 07:45:39

Megglevache Mon 08-Sep-08 11:11:44

where have all the gurus gone? sad

Megglevache Mon 08-Sep-08 20:23:34

last bump- honest before I just turn up in the dress, wellies and fairy wings a la dd.

traceybath Mon 08-Sep-08 20:33:40

ok - new look so reasonable price

turquoise but more expensive

or you could go metallic i guess.

do you have a clutch bag? will you need a pashmina/wrap - they're not that cool although they are practical.

perhaps some fab chandelier ear rings too . . .

JackieNo Mon 08-Sep-08 20:36:33

That dress is gorgeous. And those shoes, but you're right shock at the price. Will look, to see what I can find...

Megglevache Mon 08-Sep-08 20:36:42

Thank you tracey. Do you think the turq ones would go with fairy wings? smile

Pashmina not cool then?

I love those shoes BTW. They are fab.

Megglevache Mon 08-Sep-08 20:38:00

You like the dress, really? It was such a panic buy. I need to get one of those al in one body things as it will be totally ruined with back hamsters.

traceybath Mon 08-Sep-08 20:39:18

Well i still wear my pashmina but i'm sure they're not that fashionable - but hey, i'm aged and like to be warm.

Dune website may have some nice shoes and clutch bags - i got a gorgeous clutch from there which was a sort of plum colour faux snakeskin.

JackieNo Mon 08-Sep-08 20:44:45

These are rather lovely, but vertiginous - maybe too high?
or these?

2loudboys Mon 08-Sep-08 20:45:44

Nice dress!! I'd go either with either opaque black tights or bare fake-tanned & oiled legs with something likethese in either the dip-dyed purple to match the dress or black patent.

Megglevache Mon 08-Sep-08 20:45:44

I didn't think of Dune they have some lovely stuff. Can't find that lovely purple colour so I might go with turquoise or maybe black I love these ones.

JackieNo Mon 08-Sep-08 20:49:47

Ooh, I like these.
Similar idea
Very dark purple

traceybath Mon 08-Sep-08 20:50:45

oooh these are nice

2loudboys Mon 08-Sep-08 20:52:56

Sorry, must learn to preview my links blush. The shoe name is Schuh Costu2, and it comes in purple dip-dye or black patent.

traceybath Mon 08-Sep-08 20:53:42

or these

the red would work well with your dress and bare legs or black with opaques as 2loudboys said

Megglevache Mon 08-Sep-08 20:56:11

I think I may go with black opaques you know- I am crappy with fake tan and they are too pasty. grin

Am wondering if purple with the black tights will look a bit mutton.

See I am rubbish at night time dressing.
Thank you so much for the links- window shopping from the sofa is rather good fun.

I like the second Bertie pair. Hmm.

Megglevache Mon 08-Sep-08 20:58:51

OMG

Redddddd!

Nice.

Megglevache Mon 08-Sep-08 21:00:08

swooon

traceybath Mon 08-Sep-08 21:02:11

black and high

black patent

2loudboys Mon 08-Sep-08 21:03:08

Megglevache - if you got the Kurt Geiger ones in black patent and wore them with black opaques you would absolutely knock them dead!!!

traceybath Mon 08-Sep-08 21:04:34

oh i like those red ones! Very lady of the night but in a good way i think.

Would also look fab with jeans.

Megglevache Mon 08-Sep-08 21:06:14

Yes, yes. I love that idea, those platforms are to die for.

Thank you. I'm going to try and find a store and try them- it will be interesting with dd in tow.

Thanks a million.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now