Talk

Advanced search

What do we think of Benefit make up?

(47 Posts)
Bringbackmybonnietome Sun 07-Sep-08 17:56:40

I have just bought a 'Dallas' bronzer for £22.50shock!!!

But I love it.

I love all their stuff. I hang around the counter touching it and coveting it.

Is it just good packagning and marketing, or do yu think the products are good?

twinsetandpearls Sun 07-Sep-08 17:57:34

I love benefit makeup, most of mine is benefit and IMO the foundation is the closest rival to chanel.

Beetroot Sun 07-Sep-08 17:58:38

I hate the foundation and the creamthing that is mane to make you look younger. but I liekthe mascara

twinsetandpearls Sun 07-Sep-08 17:59:42

what cream thing?

TsarChasm Sun 07-Sep-08 17:59:43

I like the idea of it, but the packaging and funny names confuse me, so I haven't bought any yet grin

oddsock Sun 07-Sep-08 18:10:55

Love, love Benetint - expensive but lasts ages!

mrswoolf Sun 07-Sep-08 18:21:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheOldestCat Sun 07-Sep-08 18:23:52

The benetint lip balm is lovely - it's pricey but lasts for ages (I get mine with Boots points!).

ahundredtimes Sun 07-Sep-08 18:24:42

I like the packaging. A lot.

I think I've only bought that Hollywood Starlet cover thing. It was okay. Nothing special.

Umlellala Sun 07-Sep-08 18:25:25

I love my Dandelion blusher.
But couldn't believe it when I saw recently that I paid £22.50 for it shock! (Was in run-up to my wedding and was with my young, free, single-with-lots-of-disposable-income sister grin)

Always get made-up at the counter. But didn't like her foundation LIES (am v pale and she tried to convince me that their palest was fine. Was not). Bought Maybelline's minerals instead (which I love - and isn't £30)

2loudboys Sun 07-Sep-08 18:44:26

I like it & use lots - You Rebel tinted moisturizer, Benetint (the BEST), BluffStick (for neutralizing redness), Boiing Concealer, Bad Gal Khol Pencil (fab, fab, fab) and my latest discovery Erase Paste (which beats any other undereye concealer hands down). AND I have never had any kind of reaction to any of it (UNLIKE Bobbi Brown, Chanel, MAC foundations, which all brought me out in lumps, bumps & horrid pustulous spots hmm). Rant over.

ShinyPinkShoes Sun 07-Sep-08 18:47:45

I love love love all their stuff.

The only products I don't get from them is Eyeliner, concealer and mascara which I get from Estee Lauder.

Jewelsandgems Sun 07-Sep-08 20:00:13

Benetint and also just bought posietint. Not a fan on their mascaras though, ok at first, but become oily and thick pretty soon (lancome still no1 for me)

Erase paste eh? mmmm, sounds good....

Lauriefairycake Sun 07-Sep-08 20:04:34

I'm very pale and it's not good for me. Some daft shop assistant covered me in that Dandelion powder even though I said it was far too pink looking for me.

the look of horror on her face when she turned me into an Aunt Sally lookalikey and frantically tried to neutralize it with yellow banana powder. I had to stop her and say "That's enough now sweetheart now go and get me some make-up remover cos I'm not leaving this shop looking like a tranny" grin

sumomum Sun 07-Sep-08 20:06:45

High Beam and Lemon Aid are fantastic. Eye shadows are good too but v expensive

used2bthin Sun 07-Sep-08 21:27:58

What is their mascara like? I've got short and thin eyelashes so need lengthening as well as volume, do they only do the volume one though? Bad gal or something or is that the liner? I used to have the benetint one and high beam. They were good but whenever I look at old pictures now it makes me think I over used them a bit I look all flushed and shiney!

used2bthin Sun 07-Sep-08 21:28:29

What is their mascara like? I've got short and thin eyelashes so need lengthening as well as volume, do they only do the volume one though? Bad gal or something or is that the liner? I used to have the benetint one and high beam. They were good but whenever I look at old pictures now it makes me think I over used them a bit I look all flushed and shiney!

2loudboys Sun 07-Sep-08 21:31:31

Much as I love their other stuff, I don't really rate their mascaras. I would head to either Lancome or Max Factor (2000 Calorie or Masterpiece are great).

binkythebullet Sun 07-Sep-08 21:32:31

I love Benefit. I agree, Dallas is fabulous. Although it needs vair careful blending to avoid the 'Tanya from BB' blusher look.

Clockface Sun 07-Sep-08 21:36:17

this is 100% worth buying.

I like other stuff from there too. I spilt my Benetint all over a map today - gah!!! shock

nkf Sun 07-Sep-08 21:37:01

Lovely stuff.

used2bthin Sun 07-Sep-08 21:37:18

Hmm thanks 2loudboys, will give it a miss in that case as my eyelashes need really good stuff to make them even look visible. I always go for lancome too but I don't think the ones I've had in the last couple of years have been as good as the one I used to get I can never remember which it was though! Got hypnose atm and it doesn't do much for me although is better than the other ones I've tried.

cheesesarnie Sun 07-Sep-08 21:40:04

i got that clockface,love it but seem to only use boing

2loudboys Sun 07-Sep-08 21:40:24

used2 - give the 2000 Calorie a go. 'Tis not expensive and gives good 'fat lash' effect.

Clockface Sun 07-Sep-08 21:44:01

I use the other stuff too, Cheesesarnie (good name!). The lemon whatsit is good for my eyes as I'm all blotchy naturally. I use this too which I love and everyone asks "Oooh, have you been away?" grin V. gratifying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now