Talk

Advanced search

What about these boots

(15 Posts)
largeoneplease Sat 06-Sep-08 20:11:38

Nine West crinkly patent

I work in an all male office and generally wear a suit or a dress with a jacket. Have worn the same things for the last 20 years pretty much and as no women there, don't really have any reference points for inspiration. In winter I sometimes wear boots with my suits, but do these leave me open to accusations od tartiness?

I'm looking for something to make me slightly less frumpy, but wonder if this might be a step too far? I'm 40 BTW

hoxtonchick Sat 06-Sep-08 20:12:58

i do like them, but the men in your office might like them a bit too much....

expatinscotland Sat 06-Sep-08 20:13:24

somewhere in milton keynes, a hooker is wondering who nicked her boots . . .

Habbibu Sat 06-Sep-08 20:13:57

Heavens! They are quite foxy - might turn heads. I like them, I think.

weepootle Sat 06-Sep-08 20:17:14

I'd only wear patent in a flat, more casual style boot. I've just bought these and they're gorgeous.

largeoneplease Sat 06-Sep-08 20:18:04

Habb, that how I feel. " I like them, I think" I saw them in real life today and they're not quite as shiny as the picture, the patent is kind of crinkly/crackly iyswim

They would be very daring for me and I suspect I would get comments, which I would laugh off and then never wear them again. blush

JackieNo Sat 06-Sep-08 20:18:16

Do you have really tiny feet, weepootleflump? They appear to be children's boots.

JackieNo Sat 06-Sep-08 20:18:40

(whoops - sorry, weepootle, no flump)

hoxtonchick Sat 06-Sep-08 20:20:20

aren't those kids ones weepootle? they're lovely. i have there, and hooray, it's getting cold enough to wear them soon. not sure they'd work with a suit though.

weepootle Sat 06-Sep-08 20:22:32

grin JackieNo, I got them in GapKids in a size 5 (I'm normally a 4). I'm sometimes weepootleflump too.

weepootle Sat 06-Sep-08 20:24:58

I love those hoxtonchick- I just couldn't part with the cash though so I ordered these instead. They were very nice but just a little short in the leg so they're going back.

hoxtonchick Sat 06-Sep-08 20:31:52

i got 20% off so it wasn't quite so painful. i am jealous you have small enough feet to fit into children's shoes!

MrsMattie Sat 06-Sep-08 20:32:32

They're not nice at all. And that is me being polite.

janeite Sat 06-Sep-08 20:33:35

Sorry LargeOnePlease, they are really not nice imho.

largeoneplease Sat 06-Sep-08 20:55:38

Ohhh, I knew I wouldn't be able to have them , just like to think I could be the sort of person who could get away with it. Thank you ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now