Talk

Advanced search

White shirt with black vest underneath - can this ever work?

(10 Posts)
leo1978 Sat 06-Sep-08 12:44:48

I am out tonight and we are all wearing white shirts (it's a hen - these are the rules apparently) - only I have massive boobs and any white shirt will gape. How to wear it then? Black vest underneath? What do other girls do to make this garment more flattering?

JackieNo Sat 06-Sep-08 12:47:55

Why a black vest underneath? Why not a white one? Or a bright colour? What are you wearing it with? Mabe belt it, somehow, or um tie the ends in a knot and you could look like Britneyhmm. Or maybe (k)notgrin.

leo1978 Sat 06-Sep-08 12:52:23

Amazing - I'm definately going for the Britney look but unlike Britney, I'm going to accesorise the white shirt with a tummy resembling a water bed/the moon.

I want to wear it with brown wooden beads and jeans and tan heels.

wear a whitenvest underneath.
you canget a nice one for a fiver in marksys

mabel1973 Sat 06-Sep-08 12:54:07

I think black vest looks ok under a white shirt, or any colour for that matter.

JackieNo Sat 06-Sep-08 12:54:37

All sounds good. I don't see why a vest wouldn't work (though if you're being strict about things, maybe a colour other than black underneath, with all the wood and tan etc. But I wouldn't go out of your way to buy something new if you've already got black.

LynetteScavo Sat 06-Sep-08 12:55:31

Do not go for a black top!

I' personally go for a white t-shirt underneath.

NoblesseOblige Sat 06-Sep-08 12:56:53

why WOULDN'T you wear a black vest underneath? hmm

sounds perfeclty reasonable to me.

leo1978 Sat 06-Sep-08 13:32:40

Thanks for the advice ladies - I'm off to try on 80 000 different combinations of vest and shirt now :-)

cornsilk Sat 06-Sep-08 13:41:15

have you got a nude bra to wear under it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now