Talk

Advanced search

Hair removal - upper thigh and bikini - how? I mean without causing awful rash?

(10 Posts)
nickytwotimes Fri 05-Sep-08 19:40:29

I shaved the other night and it is as prickly as all hell and really sore.
I will not wax.
Immac stuff doesn't work.
I am too cowardly to leave it for swimming purposes, though I don't mind it otherwise.

What can I try?

maidamess Fri 05-Sep-08 19:41:35

If you shave in the direction of the pubes, apparently it doesn't give you a rash.

oddsock Fri 05-Sep-08 19:44:56

I'm so glad you posted this - will watch with interest. The same happened to me on holiday and now have itchy regrowth (tmi!!!)grin

nickytwotimes Fri 05-Sep-08 19:53:00

Yes, I do shave in teh direction, but I still have a rash.
Am thinking I might need to wear shorts to the pool!
How the hell do people who take the lot off cope? <winces>

chunkychips Fri 05-Sep-08 19:57:12

i have this trouble, get horrible red spotty itchy rash at top of legs which probably looks worse than the hair. shaving in direction of hair hasn't worked for me, immac gives me a different rash. also can't put any moisturiser or tan stuff on just after shaving either otherwise I get rash straight away.

harpomarx Fri 05-Sep-08 19:59:57

waxing's the only one of those that would work for me. shave my pubes?? not a hope in hell - would be stubbly, rashy and itchy in miliseconds.

have you waxed before?

forkhandles Fri 05-Sep-08 20:01:37

ok, I had the same problem a while ago and was coming up in a really bad rash and then having ingrowing hairs too. I did some searching on here and Expat recommends some stuff called Tend Skin which really works, it takes away the shaving rash and ingrowing hairs problem. I also now have a razor that I just use for my bikini like so it's nice and clean and sharp.

forkhandles Fri 05-Sep-08 20:01:39

ok, I had the same problem a while ago and was coming up in a really bad rash and then having ingrowing hairs too. I did some searching on here and Expat recommends some stuff called Tend Skin which really works, it takes away the shaving rash and ingrowing hairs problem. I also now have a razor that I just use for my bikini like so it's nice and clean and sharp.

chunkychips Fri 05-Sep-08 20:24:26

great! have just ordered some.

nickytwotimes Sun 07-Sep-08 19:24:58

Thanks for the answers, btw.
I am also off to buy some of that stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now