Talk

Advanced search

Boden cloud spotter mac

(19 Posts)
macherie Fri 05-Sep-08 13:44:52

Having got soaked to my knickers this morning on school run, I am about to order this, but reviews on the site say to order down a size as it's big.

Does anyone have it & what do you think? I don't want to have to return it as not in UK so have to pay for returns. I'm usualy a 10.

Off now for my 3rd run of day, have another later and will have totally run out of dry clothes by tonight.

SoupDragon Fri 05-Sep-08 13:46:19

It is most likely only shower proof. Buy yourself a cagoule instead.

macherie Fri 05-Sep-08 13:47:49

Oh damn, it looks so nice in red

brimfull Fri 05-Sep-08 13:49:41

I ordered it,it is plasticky material so probably waterproof.but there was a thread from smeone moaning it was crpola

I sent back as it looked shite on me,I need shape and definition .

brimfull Fri 05-Sep-08 13:55:21

here's therad I'm on about,different coat I think

macherie Fri 05-Sep-08 14:03:32

Thanks, ggirl!

Was your coat bigger than you were expecting?

brimfull Fri 05-Sep-08 14:05:42

n0

SoupDragon Fri 05-Sep-08 14:28:50

The bit that leaked on my coat was the seams though, not the fabric itself.

lulumama Fri 05-Sep-08 14:29:53

i was going to order this, but based on the weather and soupdragon's issues, i won;t be. too expensive if you have to buy another coat too!

DforDiva Mon 08-Sep-08 09:10:01

oh, i ordered it last night. i saw flightattendant left pretty good review on boden. thought it was goodblush

FlightAttendent Mon 08-Sep-08 16:10:38

it IS good!!!! grin

Ooh someone read my review!

I think Soupy's is a different coat, am I right Soup?

Mine has been great.

FlightAttendent Mon 08-Sep-08 16:15:46

Rainyday jacket a la Soupy

Cloud spotter mac a la Flight

It has pages of good reviews - I hope it is more wtaerproof than the other one! I haven;'t tested it in a deluge as yet...

FioFio Mon 08-Sep-08 16:22:41

Message withdrawn

FlightAttendent Mon 08-Sep-08 17:15:23

No not really as such...I mean it isn't fleecy or cosy like that, but you do get hot in it because it's lined and so on. I have had to take mine off a few times over the last week, just because it was too warm.

DforDiva Mon 08-Sep-08 19:55:32

thank goodness, i thought i made mistake
FA,oh yeah i read your review and bought it in brown, purple will make my bum big i guessgrin

lotty5 Fri 14-Aug-09 19:57:26

Need help trying to decide between boden urban mac or boden cloud spotter mac, any ideas which is best ?

macherie Fri 14-Aug-09 21:18:15

As the owner of last years cloud spotter mac which I bought thanks to this thread, I would go for the urban mac.

It does keep me dry but it's very boxy in shape so I could easily have gone for a size 8, the fabric is very rigid and, and it's not lined so you need layers underneath in the cold. I would regard it as an occasional jacket for spring and autumn showers rather than a useful, winter coat.

This years urban mac looks softer, warmer and a better shape.

I'm tempted to sell mine on ebay and buy the urban instead.

lotty5 Fri 14-Aug-09 21:32:11

What colour, black seems very popular, but boring, unsure about orange, cream buttons put me off !

thisisyesterday Fri 14-Aug-09 21:45:06

i have the cloudspotter and i've only worn it a couple of times

for some unfathomable reason, they saw fit to sew a bit of the outer (shiny, waterproof) fabric on the inside of the neck, for contrast I suppose
.but it;s really not nice rubbing on your neck, so i only wear it if it's cold enough to need a scarf too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now