Talk

Advanced search

Good children's shoe shops in Sheffield. *NOT* Clinks in Meadowhall, arrrrgh!

(17 Posts)
fizzbuzz Fri 05-Sep-08 12:48:11

That place is purgatory. Waited 40 mons today, and gave up. DD moaning to go on train/childrens play area outside. 40 mins FFS, and still 5 more people in front of meangry

Dd has very narrow feet, neither John Lewis, or Clarkes ever seem to stock the width she needs, hence Clinks.

Brantano is crap as well. There are always loads of threads on here, about wonderful independent shoe shops, ha ha. They cannot mean Clikns surelyhmm

Jewelsandgems Fri 05-Sep-08 13:16:59

think there used to be a shop stocking Startrite on Chapel Walk.

fizzbuzz Fri 05-Sep-08 13:22:48

I need somewhere with lots of choice so there is avague chance of getting something to fit dd.

I really need Clinks, but down my road, and without the entire population of Sheffield in it

Jewelsandgems Fri 05-Sep-08 13:31:10

Try going when the shop first opens? No queue then...

worzella Fri 05-Sep-08 13:36:25

there's Twinkle Toes in Fulwood - opp the coop and then Clever Clogs near Hunters Bar on Sharrow Vale Road. Twinkle Toes sells startrite but also other continental shoes. Didn't have anything for DD when I went last time and so ended up in JL but usually they've been great!

Woman in Clever Clogs is scary but really knows her stuff!

fizzbuzz Fri 05-Sep-08 13:44:50

Twinkle toes, is that new? Could be combined with trip to Forge Dam....Is it expensive?

Can't face tying to park in Hunters Bar, but what sort of stuff does it sell?

<looks at rain and contemplates trip this afternoon with slug ridden buggy-see my AIBU thread>

PandaG Fri 05-Sep-08 13:48:39

Clever clogs doesn't sell startrite or clarks but all the continental brands, is expensive, but I am always convinced of a good fit each time I go - worz is right, she is a bit scary but always knows her stuff and will tell you if she has nothing to fit...my 2 have very fat feet and I only shop in Clever clogs. Now you haver to pay to park on Sharrowvale road (20p) there is often more space

oh and Worz...didn't realise you could access MN at work!

Klio Fri 05-Sep-08 13:52:13

ANother endorsement for Clever Clogs, definately worth braving the parking for. The woman is a tad on the petrfifying, but she is fantastic and always does a good fit with ds. The shoes are a bit more pricey but I'd rather buy ds one pair of good, well fitted shoes iyswim

Klio Fri 05-Sep-08 13:52:14

ANother endorsement for Clever Clogs, definately worth braving the parking for. The woman is a tad on the petrfifying, but she is fantastic and always does a good fit with ds. The shoes are a bit more pricey but I'd rather buy ds one pair of good, well fitted shoes iyswim

Klio Fri 05-Sep-08 13:53:10

Seem to have posted twice in my enthusiasm for childrens shoes!

fizzbuzz Fri 05-Sep-08 13:53:42

How much more pricey?

<contemplates empty bank account>

Imnotok Fri 05-Sep-08 13:54:00

Clever clogs is really good

PandaG Fri 05-Sep-08 13:55:54

well, £45 maybe, but they are such a good fit. DS always has boots, and they last him a full year, so the £50 ish they cost is a good investment I feel - she fit sthe boots a bit bigger so last longer.

fizzbuzz Fri 05-Sep-08 14:00:23

A year shock dd needs then every 6-8 weeks!

PandaG Fri 05-Sep-08 14:02:23

well ds is nearly 9 now so not growing so fast...

but if you can get boots from clever clogs she will fit them wth more growing room so even though they are more expensive toi begin with they are cheaper in the long run

fizzbuzz Fri 05-Sep-08 14:06:04

Nearly 9 shock

I'll be seeing her soon then grin

bikerunski Fri 05-Sep-08 15:48:04

Cole Brothers? We used to get all our children's shoes from John Lewis shops (but that was 25 years ago).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now