Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How can I change my husband?

(13 Posts)
QuintessentialShadow Fri 05-Sep-08 12:22:26

Dh lives in sports gear. Admittedly, he looks good, but sports is for sports. I am slightly fed up seing him day in and day out in shiny Nike and Adidas breathable sweatless tops, and capri sports trunks. Every day.

I want him to look stylish, and dress up warm for this climate. (arctic)

Can you please suggest some really nice and stylish trousers and jumpers, and coat for a very sporty 36 year old male, who loves the rugged unshaved look, but has to grow up, from a style perspective.

Sputnik Fri 05-Sep-08 12:55:51

Have you thought of fatface or whitestuff?

I have the opposite problem, we live in Italy and my DH insists on going out in 30° heat wearing long trousers and shoes. Men, eh

QuintessentialShadow Fri 05-Sep-08 13:33:54

Isnt that a little too sporty?

I picture him in a black lambswool polo neck, burgundy blazer.... <sigh>
Immaculate shiny black shoes...

luckywinner Fri 05-Sep-08 13:37:05

My dh spends his life in helly hansen tops and they smell yuck, so I have been really sneaky and booked my dh in to a personal shopping thing for his birthday in selfridges and got everyone to give vouchers for his birthday. I hope he won't be too offended but I am looking forward to the fashion show! After 20th Sept I will be an expert and will post outfit combinations for you smile

QuintessentialShadow Fri 05-Sep-08 13:39:57

Selfridges is a bit far for us, but what a good idea! grin

luckywinner Fri 05-Sep-08 13:42:19

Where are you QS? Something tells me not in the UK?! I also got him GQ on subscription and it seems to be seeping in a little bit.

QuintessentialShadow Fri 05-Sep-08 13:42:56

We are in Norway. The provincial north....

luckywinner Fri 05-Sep-08 13:46:39

Umm yes Selfridges is a little far! Is there Gap in Norway? I think they do a similar thing. How about Marks and Sparks Autograph range for men. Some of it is quite classic but stylish, although haven't seen it this season. I am sure they do international delivery. Oh I am being no help. Do you do lots of your shopping online?

QuintessentialShadow Fri 05-Sep-08 13:49:19

The only shop we have that is also in the UK is H&M.....

We have plenty of shops. I am just hoping to find examples of a STYLE I can try copy over here. Tall order. smile

luckywinner Fri 05-Sep-08 13:52:38

Oh, I see, was reading in a rush and I know I have a bad habit of matching styles to shops! Am going to have to go as can hear dd waking up from nap but will def have a think and will try and post some later.

Sputnik Fri 05-Sep-08 14:49:57

The question is whether your DH will cooperate with your vision of him, you may have to compromise

I bought my DH some new shorts as the last time he bought any was 4 years ago, he made me send them back!

QuintessentialShadow Fri 05-Sep-08 14:53:15

His favourite 3/4 lenght that is now so frayed I am amazed they hold together, were bought years ago in JC sport. I bought them. He said they were hidious. I couldnt exchange them as the shop closed down. A year later he found them in his wardobe, and went "oh cool!"

hmm men.

No he probably wont cooperate, but he has to change his image as he will start job hunting soon.

Sputnik Fri 05-Sep-08 15:32:48

Hmm, you could try taking him to try stuff on then saying "God you look sexy in that" if something meets your aproval.

I would try that if we had the remotest possibility of going shopping somewhere without the DCs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now