Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

a stylish long necklace holder thingy?????

(19 Posts)
melsy Thu 04-Sep-08 21:50:32

I just cant do the corset metal thing and am sick of hanging my necklaces on my lamp shade! Ive collected loads and theyre heavy too , were can I put them , so I use them?

FluffyMummy123 Thu 04-Sep-08 21:50:49

Message withdrawn

melsy Thu 04-Sep-08 21:52:52

Wish Id thought of that grin!

Cant drill one into wardrobe door as they are thin!

ahundredtimes Thu 04-Sep-08 21:56:02

Also a hook would be annoying, because what if you wanted the purple one and it was at the bottom and then you'd have to take them all off. I think it'd be annoying. You need MANY hooks perhaps. In a row, like a mini coat peg.

ahundredtimes Thu 04-Sep-08 21:56:17

Also a hook would be annoying, because what if you wanted the purple one and it was at the bottom and then you'd have to take them all off. I think it'd be annoying. You need MANY hooks perhaps. In a row, like a mini coat peg.

maidamess Thu 04-Sep-08 21:58:34

WARNING: PONCE ALERT

I have a full size mannequin in my room,like this
here , not like this here and it is great for necklaces, brooches, corsages, all my poncetastic items! I lurve it.

ahundredtimes Thu 04-Sep-08 21:58:36

I might string out all my posts in a line to show you the sort of effect I think you need.

ahundredtimes Thu 04-Sep-08 21:59:33

I would be frightened by a mannequin I think. Also don't people come in and say 'Ooh do you make clothes?' and you have to say 'No, I drape necklaces'.

Though who these people might be, I don't know.

JackieNo Thu 04-Sep-08 22:18:37

Velcro jobby? I wonder whether it would be strong enough, though.

joliejolie Thu 04-Sep-08 22:20:08

I bought this one from Ikea and it looks really nice with necklaces and other jewellery draped on all of the "limbs"!

GrimmaTheNome Thu 04-Sep-08 22:23:18

I too want a necklace holder which is neither a torso nor a withered tree (which seems to be the only options. Its xmas catalog time already). At present I use the
two end knobby bits on the bathroom radiator.
I suppose a tie/belt hanger might work if
you had somewhere appropriate to put it but I don't.

Pannacotta Thu 04-Sep-08 22:24:53

Can you put tiny hooks/tacks on the inside of your wardrobe door, you can use a small hammer to hit them in rather than a drill?
I do this after seeing it in a Trinny and Susannah book, is the best way I have found so far.

JackieNo Thu 04-Sep-08 22:25:45

Just had a thought - how about an over the door set of hooks?

Pannacotta Thu 04-Sep-08 22:26:49

JackieNo that is a superb idea.

JackieNo Thu 04-Sep-08 22:26:57

Or a key rack?

maidamess Thu 04-Sep-08 22:38:39

100 times, no one aks me that. They just marvel at the poncery of my necklace be-swagged dummy.

lynniep Thu 04-Sep-08 22:42:57

I use a key rack myself, as suggested by jackieno. Got one from SIL a while back which had quite long hooks, so fits a good few necklaces on each hook. its great!

melsy Thu 04-Sep-08 22:44:07

oohh loads of replies , fabbyy, sorry had to go and wash hair , dh was moaning about going bed and me faffing.

maidamess , thats funny your post, pmsl at the "mannequin"!!! Can you see a theme maidamess with organising and tidying hey!!!

oohh jakieno like the over the door thingy , have one of those on my bathroom door. Wonder if ti woiuld work on my wardobe, although they al clean and minimal with push catches? The vecro jobby ,I assume thats velcro held underneath?

Like that one jolie, but think it might topple with all the crap loads of bits I have!

hmmmm wondering were I could put that keyholder one , need that for my kitchen too I think.

Right have to dry hair now , and ponder!

clarey2311 Fri 31-Oct-08 15:03:58

How about this retro onehere Thought it was a bit different myself but can't decide whether too cheesy, I agree the torsos and trees are rather naff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now