Talk

Advanced search

How do I make my eyes look bigger?

(16 Posts)
BornToRun Thu 04-Sep-08 16:20:40

Am rubbish with make up, a real novice, but my eyes always look quite insignificant and I want them to stand out. Only usually wear a bit of mascara, would have no idea how to apply liner or anything else, so lots of help needed please. Eyes are green btw. Look in later as off to do dinner, tia.

Jewelsandgems Thu 04-Sep-08 16:26:37

A good mascara - Lancome Hypnose is good. Eyeliner wise, I go for either liquid liner on top lid (but not thick line as this makes eyes look smaller) or normal eyeliner applied on the lower lashes and smudged.

Also, blusher can really brighten the eyes, so wear a good blusher too (and obviously, if you are going for wow eyes, keep lips nude-coloured)

DrAnthonyZybutz Thu 04-Sep-08 16:27:01

not too much.

maidamess Thu 04-Sep-08 16:32:28

I put a slightly darker shade in the eye socket, this makes the eyes pop out more.

Also smudge a caramel colour unde the lower lash line to define without a harsh line.

Eyeliner close to the top lashes, not a liquid imo as its a bit dressier and not so daytime. Loads of mascara, 2 coats .

Also, are your eyebrows defined? that can make a hell of a difference.

hecate Thu 04-Sep-08 16:36:06

scroll down a bit

captainmummy Thu 04-Sep-08 16:41:27

eyelash curlers are supposed to be a miracle cure for small eyes but I've never seen any effect. I use eyeliner/mascara and eyeshadow on a big date.

DrAnthonyZybutz Thu 04-Sep-08 17:01:02

sorry was on phone
dont put oto much dark stuff on

highlighter ( mac ylon) on brow bone is good
dior show mascara

NomDePlume Thu 04-Sep-08 17:02:39

Benefit do a numpty eyeshdow kit for eyes. It's good, comes with a little step by step sheet too. Hang on

NomDePlume Thu 04-Sep-08 17:03:34

BeneFit Big Beautiful Eyes

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 04-Sep-08 17:07:19

You could put on specs for long sightedness grin

MascaraOHara Thu 04-Sep-08 17:10:51

my top tip: white eyeliner, thinly applied to the top lid inside your lashes.. makes your eyes look bigger and more sparkly.

also for brighter eyes use a good quialyty eye drop (before applying your make up) I'm a contact lense wearer and use acquify for those until I discovered it's this little bonus

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 04-Sep-08 17:10:57

Get your eyelashes tinted, and an eyebrow shape, too. Some beauticians wax, some prefer to pluck.

You will be amazed at the difference.

HTH

DrAnthonyZybutz Thu 04-Sep-08 17:19:26

yes eyebrows
god what a good tip
i get mine waxed.
i look like lieutentant Uhuru now.

sumomum Thu 04-Sep-08 17:21:35

Benefit Lemon Aid & high beam work for me.

daftpunk Thu 04-Sep-08 17:28:54

eyelash curlers arn't brilliant but help a bit. obv use a really good mascara, and i use optrex..really makes my eyes sparkle!

BornToRun Thu 04-Sep-08 17:33:04

This is great, thanks. Eyebrows regularly waxed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now