Talk

Advanced search

Anyone doing orange jackets/coats this year?

(10 Posts)
annh Thu 04-Sep-08 10:57:38

My trusty orange duffle jacket from Gap (20 pounds in a sale some years ago!) is looking a bit shabby and I want to replace it with something similar because it goes really well with all the browns/greens/beiges etc I wear. Sadly, this year we're all wearing purple! Have been looking around but can't find a replacement - does anyone know any stores doing something in orange this year? I am thinking kind of Hobbs-type pricing, although cheaper would be great!

annh Fri 05-Sep-08 18:17:27

Sniff ... bumping for the evening crowd. Even though I think I have found the perfect waterproof for Moondog's dc, no-one wants to help me with my orange jacket quest!

Piffle Fri 05-Sep-08 18:26:50

next doors Yorkshire terrier has a nice orange coat as does the nice man who delivered me a pallet of bricks today. I was so taken by the shape and style, I enquired and apparently it's called "dayglo safety visibility reflective weatherproof garment"
Seeing them everywhere this season esp at major road works locally.
grin

annh Fri 05-Sep-08 18:36:08

I am hurt, Piffle! In fact, I might flounce ... but no, my need for this orange coat it too strong! Saw a lovely full-length coat in Paul Costelloe today, would like something similar but without the 300 quid pricetag.

Just on the off-change, how many Yorkshire Terriers would I have to skin to make a size 14 jacket?! grin

bundle Fri 05-Sep-08 18:38:55

there's a gorgeous audrey hepburnesque bright orange jacket in Cos but sounds like the wrong kind of style for what you'd like

mckenzie Fri 05-Sep-08 18:40:31

I'm 99% certain I saw a short mac jacket type in orange today in Per Una (it was in a few bright colours)

Califrau Fri 05-Sep-08 18:42:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tippychick Fri 05-Sep-08 20:10:52

Orange short mac style coat, George at Asda £15. I saw it recently but Orange clashes with me. The black looks cheap and ordinary IMHO but the orange I thought looked OK

annh Fri 05-Sep-08 22:37:27

Thank you all for the suggestions, I will check them out!

lumpsdumps Fri 05-Sep-08 23:13:36

Principles are doing a orange coat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now