Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got a pair of Chung Shi trainers?

(10 Posts)
bodiddly Wed 03-Sep-08 21:00:03

And if so, are they any good? Am looking at some half price and just wondered if they are worth trying.

expatinscotland Wed 03-Sep-08 21:01:30

half-price? from where?

expatinscotland Wed 03-Sep-08 21:02:57

my sister has some and loves them.

bodiddly Wed 03-Sep-08 21:04:14

nothing exciting .. someone selling them on ebay! Actually found some online for half price on one of the tv auction web sites but they have all gone now ... serves me right for dithering!

expatinscotland Wed 03-Sep-08 22:37:18

my sister got fitted for hers, though.

she wound up getting a different size from what she normally wears.

bodiddly Thu 04-Sep-08 08:10:49

that is my concern actually. I cant really justify spending £130 on them full price .. but saying that there is no point spending £60 if they aren't going to fit me.

expatinscotland Thu 04-Sep-08 09:24:18

she seemed to think it was important to get fitted for these shoes because they make you stand differently from other shoes.

she'd gone in for MBTs but the chungs suited her feet better.

if i won the lotto i'd get a pair, but have NO idea where a person could get fitted for those in Scotland. probably Edinburgh, which is 90 very long miles from here.

bodiddly Thu 04-Sep-08 11:16:09

good point ... I am not sure I would be bothered to go 90 miles! I am spoilt as I work in central London but although I could theoretically get to a shop for a fitting I just never have the time! The woman on ebay is selling hers for £55.00 which is a great price if they fit. I guess I could always re-sell them if not. I prefer the look of the Chung Shis to the MBTs.

norksinmywaistband Thu 04-Sep-08 11:22:53

Could you not go for a fitting but leave it while you think about itwink Then go get the e-bay ones

bodiddly Thu 04-Sep-08 11:27:40

I was trying to work out if that was possible but it is just getting to the shop that is the tricky bit. I work full time and have ds at home off nursery with a broken arm so can't get away at weekends even! Grrr. Maybe it isn't meant to be!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now