Talk

Advanced search

suggestions for my post baby shape please....

(11 Posts)
umbungo Wed 03-Sep-08 16:59:26

stylish ladies of mn i need your help...

i want to start with jeans, coat and autumnal top.

overall i would say very curvy on the lower half.
i prefer tops and coats to cover my bum.

i would say i'm a pear shape now, with a large roundish bottom and hips (probably size 16 maybe 18)
but with large flabby belly too.
small bust.
5 ft 3 tall.

Since having my DS 6 months ago, my clothes just don't fit very well.
i've put up with it for this long, thinking that BF may help me lose the fat. but my shape has changed too.

Any suggestions please????!!!

Pannacotta Wed 03-Sep-08 21:28:15

On other recent posts like this the OP has put a photo on her profile which has led to some really good advice - IMO its hard to offer advice "blind"/.
Is this something you woudl consider?

Amandoh Thu 04-Sep-08 00:06:26

this is a pretty colour and looks long enough to cover bum.

Dark bootcut jeans are slimming and although they are a 31" leg at 5'3" they would be fine with heels.

Really love this
purple coat!

This would probably look good with jeans.

Hope something there is of some help. Agree with Pannacotta though. Put a pic on profile and tell us what colours you like and what your budget is per item. smile

umbungo Thu 04-Sep-08 13:47:30

thank you Amandoh and Pannacotta.

top looks great.
love the shape of the coat, but big collars make my head look really small!!
yep dark denim seems to be the way to go. probably high waisted now. all my low waisted stuff makes my tum look worse.

luckily most colours suit me except pastels and bluey shades.

you are both right about the pic, but not brave enough. (i might get recognised!!!!)

i think i've lots touch with the latest fashions/trends. i think having a look at that may be a place to start.

Pannacotta Thu 04-Sep-08 15:49:04

How about a pic minus your face showing?
Dark bootcut jeans woudl work for you, am very straight up and down so not sure where best to look though Gap is often a good place to start.
A wide collar is ideal for balancing out hips, so sth along the lines of the coat Amandoh linked to would be good.
Monsoon is a good place to look as the cuts seem to be quite womanly and feminine.
Someone linked to this the other day and I thought it was gorgeous
www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/31203596

Pannacotta Thu 04-Sep-08 15:50:17

This is v pretty, lovely colour
www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/32320875

naomi83 Thu 04-Sep-08 16:28:29

This cardigan from M&S is gorge, and would go nicely with black bootleg trousserswww.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B001D0KBCS/sr=1-48/qid=1220541447/ref=sr_1_48/202-0429798-3420649 ?ie=UTF8&node=&m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&keywords=&mnSBrand=core&size=60&rh=n%3A43083030&page=2 like these www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B001F71RTA/sr=1-2/qid=1220541644/ref=sr_1_2/202-0429798-3420649?i e=UTF8&node=43098030&m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&keywords=&mnSBrand=core&size=9&rh=&page=. Bows and detail on smart shirts is very in right now, and a great way to hide belly bulde and smarten up a bitwww.principles.co.uk/fcp/product/-/SMART-TOPS/Purple-Rouched-Detail-Sleeve-Wrap/8424 This www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/31203596 would look great with black boots and a black top or cardigan. Good luck!

umbungo Sat 06-Sep-08 16:30:01

the monsoon stuff looks really good.

and how could i have missed those heels! they are fab!

didn't know about big collars and hips, will have to try that out.

thanks for you help!

Pannacotta Sat 06-Sep-08 18:06:27

This is v smart though not sure how you feel about black and also if you wanted a longer coat?
www.principles.co.uk/fcp/product/-/COATS/Black-Short-Wrap-Coat/8346

umbungo Sat 06-Sep-08 21:02:49

Pannacotta, thanks!
that is a really nice coat. maybe a bit too smart for me a the mo (sahm). also think i will need it to cover my bum a bit more.
(would look great with my pre-baby work stuff, that no longr fits!!envy)

i'm so impressed with the stuff you guys have suggested.

i get overwhelmed and frustrated shopping that everything blurs into the same thing.

right, principles is on my list.

Pannacotta Sat 06-Sep-08 21:35:14

Is it worth booking in for a personal shopping appt with John Lewis/House of Fraser? JOhn lewis stocks Principles and HoF has many high st labels. I think they are esp good if you know what you need and you can always take a few of your favourite things with you to match up new clothes with.

Oasis is a great place to look for pretty t-shirt type tops which are more glam than the average.
And Monsoon great for skirts.
I have found which shops fit and suit me and tend to look mainly at them, for me it's H&M, Monsoon, Oasis, Principles, Phase Eight, but I dont have the same type of figure as you as am v straight up and down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now