Talk

Advanced search

If you are tall, do you wear flat shoes or heels?

(13 Posts)
bandgeek Wed 03-Sep-08 15:44:48

Just wondering really.

I'm 5'10" and always tend to wear heels, but one of my friends made me feel a bit self concsious about it by saying I was very "intimidating" hmm

I have since disregarded her advice grin and decided I don't care if I do tower above others.

What does every one else wear and do other people comment on it?

fleacircus Wed 03-Sep-08 15:49:45

Hah, I am about the same height as you and yesterday had big work presentation to give, second day back after maternity leave, wore heels that took me to 6'2" specifically for intimidatory purposes!

stickytape Wed 03-Sep-08 15:54:55

Flats always, but (1) I'm not working, and (2) I'm taller than DH, so in general I'm in flats anyway.

If I were dressing up for work I would probably wear low-medium heels.

Chaotica Wed 03-Sep-08 15:55:29

I'm over 6' and I still wear heels sometimes (although I might think twice if everyone I was mixing with was 4' 10")!

Poledra Wed 03-Sep-08 15:56:01

And intimidating people is a problem why exactly?? I am also 5'10'' and always wear heels for work. I do get quite a lot of comments on my height, mainly from little men....

lou33 Wed 03-Sep-08 15:56:10

am 5ft 7 and do both as not that tall, dd1 is 5ft 11 and wears flats mainly with the occasional mid height heel

Fimbo Wed 03-Sep-08 15:57:59

For day to day stuff, i.e. the school run, I wear flats. If I going into town during the day, I generally wear flip flop type things (summer) and low heeled boots in winter.

I wear heels when going on a night out. Dh is a lot taller than me, so we don't look odd.

Jewelsandgems Wed 03-Sep-08 19:18:44

I am 5'8" so not really that tall. But, I do wear high heeled shoes (plus some with platforms) and so get some people saying "oooh you are so tall!" and I just laugh and say "yes."

There is nothing worse than a tall women in heels walking with her head down, hunched shoulders (as is she is sorry for being tall) but, what I love to see tall women, in heels, strutting around (and seeing the blokes swooning over them) grin

Stand tall tall girls!

DH is the same height as me, to smaller when we are out. But he would never dream of asking me to wear flats - he likes my willowyness.

giddykipper Wed 03-Sep-08 19:21:32

I'm 6ft and usually wear flats but I do wear heels if I want to feel smart, if I've got an important meeting at work for example. DP is marginally shorter than I am so I prefer to wear flats with him.

girlandboy Wed 03-Sep-08 19:22:58

I'm 5'10" too. Dh is a bit shorter than me, and I have to admit that I don't like it much. I even bent my knees a bit on my wedding photo's so I didn't look taller than him.
I do wear a small heel for work, but I've worn flats for so long that I've forgotten how to walk in heels.
Strangely enough, I've never been out with a man who was taller than me! Do men like tall women?? hmm

LargeGlassofRed Wed 03-Sep-08 19:25:00

I'm 6ft also and wear flats in the day but wear mega heels when I go out grin

The only time I don't get comments is when I'm with my 7ft brother grin
Then I feel quite dainty smile

UglyNakedGuy Wed 03-Sep-08 19:27:01

Wear whatever you like! If someone is intimidated it is their issue.

rowrowrowyourboat Wed 03-Sep-08 20:20:49

I'm tall (5'11") and wear flat or a VERY low heel, but not because of my height, it's because I have a bad back and heels cripple me. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now