Talk

Advanced search

BACK TO SCHOOL WEAR FOR MUMS.

(15 Posts)
hifi Tue 02-Sep-08 17:45:50

dd starts next week, reception.
we are walking it to school as cant park, its 20mins. any ideas on cover all aspects of winter weather wear i should look at?
i dont want to look mumsie, and not one of those dri az a bone macs.

CSLG Tue 02-Sep-08 18:10:27

Boden? They have waterproof macs and hats. Or the highstreet stores - where do you live you might be able to do a personal shopping day and get some ideas there

CSLG Tue 02-Sep-08 18:10:29

Boden? They have waterproof macs and hats. Or the highstreet stores - where do you live you might be able to do a personal shopping day and get some ideas there

hifi Tue 02-Sep-08 20:30:24

everyone around here has boden,north london.

PeppermintPatty Tue 02-Sep-08 20:35:24

You're only picking your DD up from school - why are you worrying about what to wear?!

AbbeyA Tue 02-Sep-08 20:36:14

I obviously missed out-I never realised people had to have an image!

Kbear Tue 02-Sep-08 20:38:08

You seriously need a back to school wardrobe? You and Cod would get on famously!

hifi Tue 02-Sep-08 21:09:16

not worrying, just what to wear to face the elements. only walk anywhere now in fine weather as i now have a car. just outerwear advice really.

macherie Tue 02-Sep-08 21:22:39

There's nothing wrong with wanting to look smart even though it may be "only the school run". Why do people have to be snappy about that?

I usually wear dark denims, converse or similar, a belted Gap trench, and an Orla Keily rain hat when needed. When it's colder I swap the trench for a black padded knee lenght coat, which is also belted, and a black furry cossack style hat. Don't foget gloves!

Hope your dd enjoys school smile

hifi Tue 02-Sep-08 21:26:18

thank you, thats what i was after.

QuintessentialShadow Tue 02-Sep-08 21:28:57

Welcome - you are starting on your journey through Middle-Classicism in the Schoolyard. It is truly a new era of your life.

I would seek out some independent and pricy boutiques. The really trendy mums who are oozing of style dont necessarily wear Boden.

boogeek Tue 02-Sep-08 21:29:19

I just bought some funky patterned wellies - they might be a bit naff but better than my muddy gardening ones and I am determined to walk not resort to the car at the merest hint of drizzle. (My DD starts tomorrow!).
I also have a Boden mac. Need a rainhat though.

hifi Tue 02-Sep-08 22:09:54

hat could be good idea. cant really do brolly as will have lunch pack and crazy 4 yr old on a scooter.

suwoo Tue 02-Sep-08 22:16:04

Mine is skinny jeans, uggs and fab 'perfect coat that everyone has been searching for' from Primarni.

Pannacotta Tue 02-Sep-08 22:18:17

Good macs and rainhats are notoriously hard to find, there are zillions of threads on this if you search the archives. Deffo a business opportunity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now