Talk

Advanced search

epilator or reusable wax strips and pot of wax?

(4 Posts)
hopefully Tue 02-Sep-08 14:19:55

Anyone got any pros and cons of each? I've always found epilators ridiculously slow, but have just waxed my legs and it took ages as well, and people have told me that epilators have improved in the past 5 years or so...

Also, any recommendations for either?

Roskva Tue 02-Sep-08 20:11:06

I always found that an epilator hurt more than wax, but maybe that's just me, and it is a long time since I used one.

sophi1 Fri 05-Sep-08 21:13:31

I am a Beauty therapist and would recommend waxing as the better option. I find you can get alot more ingrowing hairs epilating and more painful. If you can get to a wholesalers open to public too you can get roll on type wax systems which are great to use. Think even nair do one now too. Much quicker

bettybeetroot Fri 05-Sep-08 21:25:29

I recently bought an epilator having tried one years ago that was useless and they really have improved! i much prefer it to waxing. oddly (with reference to sophi1) i had more problems with ingrowing hairs and waxing. as i shaved for a bit before using the epilator, the first time i used it the pain was excruciating! however - that was one time only and since then much less painful and less painful than waxing IME

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now