Talk

Advanced search

where can I find nice jumpers for dd1?

(6 Posts)
silverfrog Tue 02-Sep-08 11:01:29

dd1 has had a growth spurt.

She is 4, but wears 5-6 clothes.

She is in need of new jumpers for the winter - where can I find nice, girly-ish but not overly so, hardwearing and above all warm (she is an outdoors girl - we are always at the playground...) jumpers.

They need to be decent quality - want to be able to pass on to dd2 where poss.

oh, and she has an enormous head, so need to be zipped (half or full) or buttons, v-necked etc, otherwise they just won't fit.

So, any suggestions?

Countingthegreyhairs Tue 02-Sep-08 13:00:24

You could try these (all on the expensive side I'm afraid) most v. traditional:

www.woolshed.co.uk/kids/kidsCardis/kidsCardis.html

www.cookingapple.co.uk/

www.brora.co.uk/

failing those:

www.suehillhandknits.co.uk/index.html Sue Hill will always whip you up something gorgeous ...

My dd has an enormous head too!!

I just buy one (or possibly two) classic cardigans for her bi-annually nowadays (and the rest of the time she wears zippable fleeces which I find are much more practical in terms of washing and drying etc ...)

Good luck with your search!

PortBlacksandResident Tue 02-Sep-08 13:05:44

Woolworths have some fab stripey woollen hoodies in their boy's section. Really unusual colours. I bought the Grey and Red one and the Navy blue / Mint one. Not too 'boyish' - i think i would put them on a girl [two sons emoticon].

blithedance Tue 02-Sep-08 23:33:10

Any reason she can't wear a fleece? I can understand if you prefer not.

If you really want something woolly suggest you cultivate a knitter and show them a Debbie Bliss book.

silverfrog Tue 02-Sep-08 23:37:47

ooh, thanks for those liinks, Counting, some really lovely stuff there.i might be tempted, although some is a bit on the pricey side...

will have a look in woolworths when i'm next in town. I am not at all averse to looking at boys' stuff, and if not too overtly boyish, they might work quite well.

also no problems with fleece, just can't find anyhting on the High street that i like - all to pink/glittery/tasteless...

Thanks for all help so far (sits on hands to prevent ordering of too many nice but highly expensive jumpers)

Countingthegreyhairs Wed 03-Sep-08 11:32:25

My pleasure SilverFrog. Unfortunately for my bank balance, I'm all too familiar with gorgeous clothing websites for children. Am sitting on my hands too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now