Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a 'grown up' duffel bag for DH....please!

(9 Posts)
dairymoo Mon 01-Sep-08 11:26:45

I am on a mission to find a nice-looking, durable, grown up duffel bag for DH's birthday. Possibly leather, nothing toooooo trendy but a nod in the stylish direction would be great. To be used for weekend escapes to chic country hotels [hopeful emoticon] as well as toting around bagfuls of baby paraphanalia if DH doesn't get the hint and said weekend breaks don't materialise.

Price-wise - not looking to remortgage the house but am willing to spend a reasonable amount as I want something that will last and not look cheap.

Ladies, please send me your best finds. Thanks!

DrNortherner Mon 01-Sep-08 11:27:44

Why a duffel bag?

Overmydeadbody Mon 01-Sep-08 11:32:45

Personally, I think the best duffel bags for men are the north face ones, but it may not be suitable if your DH isn't actually an active sporty outdoorsy type.

dairymoo Mon 01-Sep-08 11:56:50

DrNortherner - Doesn't necessarily have to be a duffel bag actually, just something nice for short trips.

OMDB - thanks, DH is actually a very active outdoorsy type but he already has a DaKine bag which he uses for skiing, etc. Ideally I want something a bit more sophisticated for his bday though, IYSWIM? He'd like that one though so if I can't find anything else I may be persuaded in that direction...

JackieNo Mon 01-Sep-08 12:03:11

Something like this?

JackieNo Mon 01-Sep-08 12:04:44

In fact, John Lewis has quite a good selection.

bikerunski Mon 01-Sep-08 12:08:34

I love the north face ones and have them in 3 sizes/colours. But for summat smarter, how about this thisfrom M&S. Quite a large selection on their website.

DrNortherner Mon 01-Sep-08 12:10:53

Luis Vuitton? Mullberry?

dairymoo Mon 01-Sep-08 12:13:05

Ooh - lots of good suggestions there, thanks guys.

JackieNo - really like the one you linked too, and the Milano one on the JL website. And I didn't even think of looking in M&S, thanks bikerunski.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now