Talk

Advanced search

Boden Autumn/Winter - what have you got and are v happy with?

(18 Posts)
scanner Sun 31-Aug-08 21:30:49

I know we've had a general feedback Boden thread, but how about just posting about the good stuff rather than bad and returned. Just what you've loved and why.

KatieDD Sun 31-Aug-08 21:52:01

The kids stuff has been great, but coming up smaller than usual.

miomaolalalalala Mon 01-Sep-08 17:59:25

atlantic half zips are great and boys tartan baggies lovely

traceybath Mon 01-Sep-08 18:00:31

this in black is lovely

SilentTerror Mon 01-Sep-08 18:03:02

Odette dress in purple is lovely.

everlong Mon 01-Sep-08 18:03:56

Urban mac in green.

It's lovely. Very vivid but that's ok and lovely and warm, love the purple buttons too.

Order a size down as it rather roomy.

BodenGroupie Mon 01-Sep-08 18:55:50

Merino v neck in purple is lovely (but a bit worried about how it will wash after bad experience with the summer stuff). Also very pleased with the weekend trousers, don't spill out over the top! Parisienne tee so nice I've ordered a second. OK, my name is Bodengroupie and I am an addict.........

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 01-Sep-08 18:57:29

anyone got the short cashmere cardi ???

scanner Mon 01-Sep-08 18:59:56

Was planning to get urban mac in green and the parisienne tee, so that all sounds good. Boden Groupie - did you get the tee in a plain or a stripe? am thinking about stripes for work where I need to be sort of smart/casual.

traceybath Mon 01-Sep-08 19:57:23

I had the short cashmere cardi from summer and it is indeed very short.

I wear it with a camisole type top from bodas and it looks nice but realistically could do with being a little bit longer to be a bit more wearable.

NomDePlume Mon 01-Sep-08 20:07:10

I have.....

This coat. Ordered it Pear (green) originally but the colour was a bit yack imo and washed me out (although I am dark eyed brunette). Blue is much better on me. I like it because it is fitted without being tight and it is a really nice weight so will actually keep me warm too. Big chunky buttons and funky lining are winners too.

This in purple. Sizing is a bit on the big side on this though, I went a size down. It is quite sexy (but subtle) on. Looks ace with boots and heels. The scoop is low enough to be unfrumpy but not so low that you feel like serving wench.

This top in blue. Good because it is fine knit, nice scoop neck (same principle as dress), nice little detailing on the cuffs and shoulders without being twee. Fit is good too, semi-fitted but not tight.

SalVolatile Mon 01-Sep-08 22:40:57

Got the cropped cashmere cardi in purple and red, fab block jewel colours will be worn to death! Also tried the sassy jersey dress but the pattern was soooo unflattering! Gopping.

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 01-Sep-08 22:42:09

how short is the cropped cardi ?

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 01-Sep-08 22:42:58

ahh,sorry, just saw Tracybaths comment on cardi - I feared it might be that bit too short

SalVolatile Tue 02-Sep-08 21:53:31

dont think it is too short, honestly - it cuts across the lower middle of my back (I am 5'6" size 10/12 and have bought the 120. My bust is 36" though and it might not suit bigger norks, but 'tis v flattering on me grin

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 02-Sep-08 22:38:37

ahh, I'm about same height,bit broader across shoulders,chest about the same...

girlsnextdoor Wed 03-Sep-08 07:42:15

I ordered the short cash cardi but sent it back-loved it to bits but was too short for me- I am an "older" MN and although I am a size 10, it looked a bit too young- unless worn over a dress. It didn't reach waist height and I am only 5'3".

I bought the studio trousers which I really like. Sent back the Weekend trousers- were a good fit, but everyone here said they looked like granny trousers sad.

I have kept the cash. slouchy jumper which I like.

Also kept the fave. everyday cardi.

I have sent loads back- knitted dress- frumpy- spotted coat- too spotty and too thin material- cord coat- just boring and poor fit.

BodenGroupie Wed 03-Sep-08 18:10:39

Got the Parisenne in the blue/grey stripe. Catalogue colours are a bit odd. Wouldn't call it particularly smart but it's surprisingly flattering cos it's fitted. Or maybe I'm just kidding myself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now