Talk

Advanced search

WWW's 10 year younger bootcamp - it's September, it's serious...

(182 Posts)
WideWebWitch Sun 31-Aug-08 19:28:45

Hello everyone, old and new.

This is about feeling better about yourself and looking and feeling better etc. But mainly we chat and laugh quite a lot, which has all got to help towards happiness etc.

The rules (anyone can join):

- Sunscreen at all times

- No or little booze. Wine or Champagne or whatever at the weekend is allowed if you want it

- Walking is important, a small amount every day if possible. 30 mins if you can

- Lots of water, aim for 2 litres a day

- Apply body cream as often as possible

- Use hand cream

- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm if pos

- Eat healthily

- Be happy

The idea is that we all feel happier, healthier and glow with the good food, sleep, exercise, water and lack of sun damage.

Some people are doing India and Neris's Idiot Proof Diet (Atkins, more or less), others are doing Slimy World, others are just being as healthy as possible.

Welcome everyone, have a good week.

WideWebWitch Sun 31-Aug-08 19:29:09

As discussed on the previous thread, the holidays are OVER and THIS is where you start paying <whacks stick on floor hard in manner of woman from Fame>

moonshine Sun 31-Aug-08 19:30:45

<quivers>

moonshine Sun 31-Aug-08 19:31:39

grin Am in the middle of the bedtime hell routine but I'm game!

unknownrebelbang Sun 31-Aug-08 19:32:37

Remember by name!

FAME!

I'm gonna live forever.

hehe.

Just marking the thread.

JJ Sun 31-Aug-08 19:41:59

Ooh, I'm in but find it very hard to keep up with the thread sometimes; apols in advance.

I neither gained nor lost any weight this summer. Ate fairly healthily although learned to can jellies and jams and fruit butters. So lots of sugar. And toast, of course. With butter, natch. And cookies and ice cream.

Feel whale-like though and sweated on the osteopath on Friday. Was embarrassed but tried not to look it.

Marina Sun 31-Aug-08 19:43:27

So Hot Lunch Jam is out of the question then www?

Spool forward to the C21's equivalent of The Kids from Fame and We're All in This Together

Marina Sun 31-Aug-08 19:44:12

JJ, how are you? How is ds?

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Sun 31-Aug-08 19:47:25

Hello JJ - been thinking of you over the summer. Hope ds is doing ok?

I've undone all my good work from before the holidays. Need to get a grip!

JJ Sun 31-Aug-08 19:50:34

Hi! He is ok - I think the surgeon will be disappointed that he's not completely off his crutches yet. He's still using one but not limping which is the main thing. The surgeon did say that it was ok to use the crutches until we got back. He had physio all summer in the US, too. He's getting a bit, erm, fluffier -- he's a boy who ran around a lot and was very lean. I think (hope) that will sort itself out once he's fully mobile again. I don't want to put him on a diet which is what we'd have to do. He eats healthily and not too much.

I'm good. Summer was fab and is ending just at the time I'm feeling the need for a routine again.

How are you? Did you go somewhere in France? Was it good?

JJ Sun 31-Aug-08 19:52:34

And hi smbk - are you still running? How's your daughter?

unknownrebelbang Sun 31-Aug-08 19:54:41

Hi JJ.

Marina, I've not seen HSM, but we used that and some other HSM music in the Gang Show. Quite apt for the thread I feel.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Sun 31-Aug-08 19:59:18

Lol at fluffier smile I think it's better to take things steady with the crutches rather than rush it and up back to square one.

Yes - back running - have resusitated the Runners' thread.

dd is fab - she's disgustingly healthy at the moment. She went parasailing on holiday and she loved it. We have a cardiac MRI on the 30th (which I've put off several times now - avoidance tactics hmm) - what will be, will be I suppose.

LoveAndSqualor Sun 31-Aug-08 20:02:31

Marina, loving the Fame link grin

JJ, I bet as soon as your DS is up and running again, he'll be back to his old self in no time. V glad to hear he's ok.

Off to eat mackerel pate (made by me!) on toast for tea. And probably salad. And drink water. Had another Night of Doom with DS last night - up from 2-4, then up again at 6am. Sleep bootcaml starts tonight. Wish me luck.

yoyo Sun 31-Aug-08 20:11:24

Hello all. So it's serious then? I'm in.

My aims are:
To only take Size 12 into changing room without thinking "best take a 14 too", i.e. to be a comfortable 12.
To run 5k by Christmas.
To have some swimming lessons so that I can keep up with DC (they describe my swimming as "old lady style").
To resume gym attendance.

I am starting a journal tonight and DH and I have also agreed other goals so will be interesting to see how we fare by half term.
Feeling very positive and committed. Might have something to do with trying on winter clothes earlier...

Cappuccino Sun 31-Aug-08 20:15:12

oh I loved Fame, I was a real Fame geek

I bought the fanzine and all the albums and I really fancied Danny and I had little shoes that said 'fame!' on the side and I watched every week and I loved them all I had posters all over the wall and...

<comes to senses and leaves thread in embarrassment>

Cappuccino Sun 31-Aug-08 20:28:16

anyway <carries on as normal>

I have embraced the 10yy way of life by giving up with anti wrinkle nonsense and buying this as a daily moisturiser

it hasn't come yet so I can't say if it is any good or not, but I figured I don't look any younger after covering myself in stuff, so I may as well try to ward off worse evils

and I know that autumn days are just as bad yadda yadda; plus I seem to have a tanned cleavage (in a bad way) even tho it has been sunny once this summer, for about an hour, and I don't tan. So there must be something in this UV stuff.

TheDuchessOfNork Sun 31-Aug-08 21:08:16

<adjusts legwarmers and shows-off by doing a few stretches>

Good to see everyone back and meaning business. Glad JJJnr & MsSaggars are having a good summer.

Exercise good today as we visited Bodiam Castle, plenty of walking and the steps up the castle towers are steep and many AND I had Archie in the sling AND the DCs wanted to go up EVERY tower available.

I've eaten half a toasted bagel, apple, raw carrots, muesli bar, ham sandwich, cheese & crackers, crisps, more apples and carrots and a lemon mousse. Lots of water, not too much coffee.

WideWebWitch Sun 31-Aug-08 21:56:30

lol Marina, It Costs

Right, well no booze (about bloody time, have been bad on that front) and about to go to bed, will sleep straightaway I'm sure.

Glad to see you all ready in your legwarmers and lycra We will all have a good week, I'm sure.

batters Mon 01-Sep-08 09:20:32

Morning all, this is so what I need, thank you www.

Well am feeling virtuous from walking over 21 miles on Sat in preparation for my charity walk in just under 3 week's time.

Have put on half a stone over the summer but more importantly got less fit. I know this as I did a 15 mile walk in July and felt fine and this 21 mile walk really had me struggling for a couple of miles at the end .

Have also managed not to drink alcohol since <<hazy recall>> last Wed, oh except for a champagne and crisps playdate on Friday. Which considering the bottles of wine I have been knocking back on a daily basis is a good thing. Especially as am flat broke too.

dd back to school Wed but I am bootcamping from NOW. I have been rubbish all summer and not even kept up with the posts as have felt too lazy to write anything except "ate loads, drank a bucket full of wine, moisturised".

JJ - I reckon your son will lose his fluffiness once he is able to get physically around a lot more . Glad to hear he is doing fine.

Ooh and I have been using Burt's foot cream and can say that not only does it smell better than Flexitol (to be frank it couldn't smell worse), it works better, for me anyhoo .

Hair vile, am hoping to get a hair appointment for dd and I today. Always relaxing, dd moaning if the hairdresser comes near her, hairdresser stage whispering "will she cry?", me snapping "possibly, but just cut her hair will you?". Skin looking old, am thinking of getting an Origins facial as have heard good things about it, plus it only costs £15 which then goes towards any products you buy. Has anyone had one?

Duchessofnork - your post about Bodiam Castle has reminded me that I used to go there with my primary school every summer .

capp - cleavages tan very easily and apparantly are one of the things that can give a woman's age away if wrinkled. Your anti sun cream looks good, never heard of that brand before. And I loved Danny too!

yoyo - I like your aims. I need to think of some too.

www - how is it going with ds's tuition? dd has got an hour a night, 5 nights a week . I am repeating the mantra "it's only until November". We have shamelessly bribed her too. It's okayish at the moment, but I think when she is back at school we are all going to struggle. How is the contract situation?

L&S - oh gosh those nights sound hard, I think I also read that you and dp are having problems still too? I am sorry. Honestly I know everyone has said it, but having a new baby is so blooming stressful.

Love the Fame references and links from everyone.

Happy Monday everyone!

PS Should we have a countdown to Xmas beauty?

<<batters runs away laughing hysterically>>

moonshine Mon 01-Sep-08 10:35:10

Ah Batters - glad you said the 'X' word first - I was going to suggest a Christmas countdown but thought mentioning it in August was going too far. And you may have lost fitness but a 21-mile walk is pretty darn good [understatement emoticon].

JJ - lovely to hear that your ds is making progress.

I always put sun screen on my chest/cleavage and it's still 20 x browner than my other exposed bits - and tending towards leatheriness despite all my exfoliation and creaming hmm.

L&S your night times remind me why I could never have another baby, even if my old ovaries performed (dh would still love another one) - so thank you but sympathies!

Anyway I am welcoming in September and autumn (and cooler weather today, hoo bloody ray) and have had 2% Greek Yog with grape nuts, raspberries and stawberries for breakfast. And I will not make a cake today or tomorrow (grits teeth).

Yes my lycra and legwarmers have been donned and my legs are akickin'....

suzywong Mon 01-Sep-08 10:42:24

hello

IPD update
3 months
2lbs away from goal weight
that = a loss of 19lbs

come on, give it a try

however, as I approach blankety blank (oh ffs 41!) and another scorching summer I realise I must slather my decolotage liberally with sunscreen twice a day if I am not to turn in to this

good luck to you all

WideWebWitch Mon 01-Sep-08 11:50:46

OMG at that skin SW!

Agree about countdown to Xmas, I so so so want to start 2009 a size 14

But I have to start paying with sweat etc first

still no new job looming

back on IPD today and realise that yesterdays sugar and carb fest has made me feel RUBBISH as did buckets of wine on Sat so I am newly reformed character.

So far
3 sausages
chorizo
baby bel
lots of water
sunscreen

Cappuccino Mon 01-Sep-08 12:15:33

I am so well moisturised this morning that if you tried to grab hold of me I would slither away

it is the first sunny day in weeks and I am back at my desk angry

and unfortunately despite living like a monk for the past week, just being back here meant I needed a Ruffle bar

I am very impressed with all of you walking however; I have tentatively put together a little programme of music which includes 1 min tracks to try and have a little jog to

I think maybe if I can do 1 min then in a couple of weeks I can do 2, I reckon. Or at least if not, I have tried.

I do not want to have an ME relapse but I am so sick of plodding along that maybe it is worth the risk

I have to say I am really enjoying being booze-free. I've had on-off problems with thrush for the past couple of years and they lessen if I don't drink. I had one beer last night and this morning woke up feeling a little bit, erm, uncomfy

also I slept worse than I have for my booze-free days, even with such a small amount of alcohol

chutneymary Mon 01-Sep-08 12:21:53

Just dropping in briefly from work. There are 16 weeks and 3 days to go to Christmas, as the baby is due on the 10th and I am currently nearly 26 weeks.

AIM - not to put on 3st (after delivery) like I have in other pgs and have to go to WW to lose it.

WHY - because I am a greedy wotsit, and I need to take myself in hand and not turn into a lardball (or more of a lardball) as I enter my 40th year. Plus, I don't want people saying that I have let myself go after 3 kids in 4 years shock

More later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now