Talk

Advanced search

Need a total overhaul, please help me.

(13 Posts)
BornToRun Sun 31-Aug-08 18:31:35

I'm 44, sahm, live in jeans and t shirts, need to get out of this rut, what do I need for a capsule autumn/winter wardrobe.

janeite Sun 31-Aug-08 18:36:13

Could you start by wearing the jeans with a nice cardigan and a cami, instead of the T-shirt? M&S usually good for little cardigans, pretty cheap.

geordieminx Sun 31-Aug-08 18:42:09

Watching this with interest, am 26 and live in jeans and t's and its driving me mad - I used to be trendy hmm

BornToRun Sun 31-Aug-08 19:25:10

Any more for any more?

savoycabbage Sun 31-Aug-08 19:30:41

I am trying to wear more accessories - when I say more I don't wear any at the moment - like beads and belts.

BornToRun Sun 31-Aug-08 19:33:57

Accessories, forgot about that, must add to list.

Pannacotta Sun 31-Aug-08 21:08:56

My list would look like this:

Good fitted/flattering mac and winter coat (try Hobbs/M&S)
Smart pair of suede or leather knee high boots in brown
Decent looking flat shoes to wear with trousers maybe leather type trainers in brown/black (Clarks?)
Cords in plum/chocolate as alternative to jeans
Dark bootcut jeans
Couple of pretty skirts with pattern/detail (Principles/Monsoon/Gt Plains)
Long sleeve drapey tops (Gt Plains/White Co)
Selection of cardigans in linen/wool etc
Smart suede bag in jewel colour
Selection of pretty necklaces and earrings

eviz Sun 31-Aug-08 21:38:20

BornToRun - I'm in a similar position to you. Do you feel brave enough to post a photo of yourself? I got stacks of really helpful comments from lovely MN last night.

Someone suggested scarves as a fab way of accessorising. Instant glamour. And some nice vintage dangly earrings too.

BornToRun Mon 01-Sep-08 09:58:25

Eviz, post a piccy not that brave!! My latest accessory is a very very black bruise from my elbow to my shoulder and two lovely blood drenched dressings after my shoulder op last week, so I have lots of time to surf and research my new look.

Pannacotta, great list, am planning on jotting all ideas down to carry around when i am on the look out for my new wardrobe.

am getting hair coloured tomorrow, as usual, but may decide to have a bit of a chop, have a shoulder length bob so maybe some layers.

BornToRun Mon 01-Sep-08 11:33:51

Can't do links but think another thread had the red per una coat with the rose buttons, looks lovely, what do you think?

savoycabbage Mon 01-Sep-08 13:32:00

per una coat

BornToRun Mon 01-Sep-08 14:48:33

Thanks Savoy, yep that's the one, what do you all think?

dexter73 Mon 01-Sep-08 16:44:09

That coat is really nice. I would definitely get it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now