Talk

Advanced search

Need a total overhaul, please help me.

(13 Posts)
BornToRun Sun 31-Aug-08 18:31:35

I'm 44, sahm, live in jeans and t shirts, need to get out of this rut, what do I need for a capsule autumn/winter wardrobe.

janeite Sun 31-Aug-08 18:36:13

Could you start by wearing the jeans with a nice cardigan and a cami, instead of the T-shirt? M&S usually good for little cardigans, pretty cheap.

geordieminx Sun 31-Aug-08 18:42:09

Watching this with interest, am 26 and live in jeans and t's and its driving me mad - I used to be trendy hmm

BornToRun Sun 31-Aug-08 19:25:10

Any more for any more?

savoycabbage Sun 31-Aug-08 19:30:41

I am trying to wear more accessories - when I say more I don't wear any at the moment - like beads and belts.

BornToRun Sun 31-Aug-08 19:33:57

Accessories, forgot about that, must add to list.

Pannacotta Sun 31-Aug-08 21:08:56

My list would look like this:

Good fitted/flattering mac and winter coat (try Hobbs/M&S)
Smart pair of suede or leather knee high boots in brown
Decent looking flat shoes to wear with trousers maybe leather type trainers in brown/black (Clarks?)
Cords in plum/chocolate as alternative to jeans
Dark bootcut jeans
Couple of pretty skirts with pattern/detail (Principles/Monsoon/Gt Plains)
Long sleeve drapey tops (Gt Plains/White Co)
Selection of cardigans in linen/wool etc
Smart suede bag in jewel colour
Selection of pretty necklaces and earrings

eviz Sun 31-Aug-08 21:38:20

BornToRun - I'm in a similar position to you. Do you feel brave enough to post a photo of yourself? I got stacks of really helpful comments from lovely MN last night.

Someone suggested scarves as a fab way of accessorising. Instant glamour. And some nice vintage dangly earrings too.

BornToRun Mon 01-Sep-08 09:58:25

Eviz, post a piccy not that brave!! My latest accessory is a very very black bruise from my elbow to my shoulder and two lovely blood drenched dressings after my shoulder op last week, so I have lots of time to surf and research my new look.

Pannacotta, great list, am planning on jotting all ideas down to carry around when i am on the look out for my new wardrobe.

am getting hair coloured tomorrow, as usual, but may decide to have a bit of a chop, have a shoulder length bob so maybe some layers.

BornToRun Mon 01-Sep-08 11:33:51

Can't do links but think another thread had the red per una coat with the rose buttons, looks lovely, what do you think?

savoycabbage Mon 01-Sep-08 13:32:00

per una coat

BornToRun Mon 01-Sep-08 14:48:33

Thanks Savoy, yep that's the one, what do you all think?

dexter73 Mon 01-Sep-08 16:44:09

That coat is really nice. I would definitely get it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: