Talk

Advanced search

Help, I need an outfit!

(11 Posts)
Shoegazer Sun 31-Aug-08 18:09:53

In a few weeks my H and I are off to London for our first weekend away without DD (2.2). We are really looking forward to it as we don't live near any family so we have rarely been out since she has been born. I want to treat myself to a new outfit but need some inspiration! We are going to an afternoon show and then dinner and drinks afterwards so I need something that would be suitable for all of that as don't want to waste time heading back to hotel to change as want to make the most of every moment.

I'm 5'8", size 14, big busted (34E-F) with proportionate hips and a small waist. I don't like to show too much flesh, but I'm 27 so I'd like something fairly young and funky. Any suggestions from your oh so fashionable mumsnetters?

hf128219 Sun 31-Aug-08 18:11:36

Budget?

janeite Sun 31-Aug-08 18:12:30

Will walking be involved?

Shoegazer Sun 31-Aug-08 18:26:02

Ah yes, budget is about £100, but I could improve on that slightly if needed to and yes I do like to walk and I should have mentioned that I have size 9 feet.

janeite Sun 31-Aug-08 18:38:36

Ok - so what sort of shoes would you wear to do the amount of walking you'll need to do? If you've got some already, we can work from shoes up!

hf128219 Sun 31-Aug-08 18:41:41

Well I would definitely buy a dress

This? Quite formal though.

www.hobbs.co.uk/index.cfm?page=1114

Purple is very in this A/W.

Or this? A bit more funky.

www.whistles.co.uk/fcp/product/-/Dresses/Zig-Zag-Spot-Dress/903000051479

Shoegazer Sun 31-Aug-08 19:26:53

I have some nice suede teal wedges, court shoe shaped or some dark tan wedge heel knee boots that would be ok to walk in.

HF, that link brings up several dresses, so not sure if you mean the Penny Dress or the Carmel dress, but I love the Carmel dress, that is very me and I love the colour purple anyway. Not sure about the whistles dress, I'm not keen on the neckline.

hf128219 Sun 31-Aug-08 19:34:23

It was the Carmel dress - Penny dress more worklike.

Shoegazer Sun 31-Aug-08 19:39:38

Yes, the more I look at that one the more I like it but I would need to work on DH for the extra £50 smile I'm just trawling for lookylikeys, especially as I think I would like some seriously funky jewellery to go with it to keep it young looking?

hf128219 Sun 31-Aug-08 19:47:54

Good idea! Good luck!

Shoegazer Sun 31-Aug-08 21:16:18

I can't find anything similar sad but I'm rubbish at looking! I have put Carmel dress on my list as possibility depending on whether I need to buy new DVD player or not since DD tried to put Pingu on and jammed it. Any other suggestions from anyone? Happy to go low budget too, just want something I like smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now