Talk

Advanced search

Uh-oh. Have dyed hair too dark. Assistance required. Look like a goth.

(14 Posts)
maidamess Sun 31-Aug-08 15:54:00

It said 'medium brown ' on the box.

Medium brown my arse.

Dh said 'Oh, you've dyed your hair black'

I've put some fake tan on my face to stop me looking like Marilyn Manson, but how can I speed up the removal of the godforsaken semi permanent colour?

brimfull Sun 31-Aug-08 15:58:01

head and shoulders
wash hair x2 a day
it will fade to a nice shade
I did the same

cluckyagain Sun 31-Aug-08 15:58:21

Head and shoulders .....I did the same about 5 yrs ago and you need a 'harsh antidandruff' shampoo to do the trick - worked quickly!!

brimfull Sun 31-Aug-08 15:58:26

also go for a swim in a chlorinated pool

zippitippitoes Sun 31-Aug-08 15:58:38

there was a htread recently that recommended several washes in head and shoulders

cluckyagain Sun 31-Aug-08 15:58:54

Not that I'm suggesting anything about H&S you understand - I'm sure it's fab!

ThatBigGermanPrison Sun 31-Aug-08 15:59:28

wash the fuck out of it, and rinse it with a juiced lemon in the rinsing water. I find any shampoo works.

Mamazon Sun 31-Aug-08 15:59:46

Tomatoe sauce.
smack loads all over your head and then wash off.
The acid in it should strip some of teh colour out.

Or slightly less yukky..switch to ordinary head and shoulders.....hairdressers always moan about how much it strips colour.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sun 31-Aug-08 16:15:31

You used to be able to buy colour strippers that removed dye from your hair. I used one and it was fine, however I probably wouldn't use it if you have weak/over processed hair - not that I'm saying you do grin

BooBooChicken Sun 31-Aug-08 16:23:11

i heard vosene can do the same as h and s

lou33 Sun 31-Aug-08 16:24:16

my hairdresser friend says baby shampoo or head and shoulders, is the best thing to strip out colour

maidamess Sun 31-Aug-08 16:30:38

Wow, thanks a lot.

Off to get some Head and Shoulders then. And black lipstick and a floor length leather coat......

MsPontipine Sun 31-Aug-08 22:45:32

Give it a couple of weeks and it should have faded anyway to a colour you're happier with.

Janni Sun 31-Aug-08 23:02:55

I did this a few years back.

It was the last time I ever dyed my own hair.

I seem to remember headscarves and hats coming out and me preempting any comments by saying 'Yes, I know I look like Morticia Adams'.

Good luck, I hope you get some help here - I just had to grin and bear it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now