Talk

Advanced search

Help me find an outfit for an outdoor party please

(13 Posts)
Leeka Sat 30-Aug-08 22:08:55

Bearing in mind the weather could be rubbish (is at end of September), and the evening will be chilly anyway, and it's outside so boots would be better than heels, but I'd still like something party-ish, what would you with-it types recommend? Please? Am rubbish at this, don't know where to start! If it helps, am 5'7", size 10-12, breastfeeding boobs grin.

Leeka Sat 30-Aug-08 22:10:30

Ideas and webpages for 'look' inspiration would be appreciated, you don't have to find me the actual item of clothing as I'll probably try to find it on eBay cheaper anyway! wink

JackieNo Sat 30-Aug-08 22:12:44

What's the occasion? Just a party? Post-wedding? How posh do you need to be? Maybe trousers, and a glam cardigan/top (I know, bit of a contradiction in terms).

Leeka Sat 30-Aug-08 22:14:38

Is my birthday party, so can be whatever I want to be! Have not put dress code on invites, there will be food in afternoon and big bonfire in evening, so not posh.

JackieNo Sat 30-Aug-08 22:18:04

Ah - good. You set the tone for the party, and anyone who's different can feel under/overdressedgrin. Will you actually need to bf during the party (ie, will you need access, so to speak)?

Leeka Sat 30-Aug-08 22:19:12

Very good point! Yes, but can take myself off if required.

JackieNo Sat 30-Aug-08 22:27:36

YOu could do a long-ish tunicy thing with straightish trousers, maybe. Or something more fitted at the top, with wide leg trousers?

Leeka Sat 30-Aug-08 22:31:01

Ooh, I like that! Seems so easy when someone else shows you something nice, I hate the amount of choice you get when confronted by numerous shops and websites. What would you do in the evening (except for not worry since it'll be dark by then anyway!)?

JackieNo Sat 30-Aug-08 22:31:02

Something like this with wide legged trousers? (you're going to tell me you're 20 and after something more funky now, aren't yougrin)

JackieNo Sat 30-Aug-08 22:32:59

For evening, a jacket over, maybe a big elegant pashmina-esque scarf to dress it up?

Leeka Sat 30-Aug-08 22:36:54

Love the top, trousers probably too smart for the country! Like pashmina scarf thing, how does one wear such a thing though, just wrapped around? That tunic over trousers is cool, even for me at 32 (wish I was 20, but sadly not)!

JackieNo Sat 30-Aug-08 22:41:17

I reckon just wrapped around - warmth and glamour combinedgrin. Have to say, I'm not brilliant at wearing scarves, but I see other people wearing them and thing they always look good.

Leeka Sat 30-Aug-08 22:50:30

Yes - I have a friend who always does elegantly draped bits of fabric that she just seems to chuck over herself and it somehow looks great on her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now