Talk

Advanced search

if a dress comes from topshop surely it will say topshop on it-yes?

(14 Posts)
cheesesarnie Sat 30-Aug-08 21:50:58

dont know whether this belongs here or ebay but thought you style shoppers may know,brought a dress-says topshop on listing but 'duohui fushi'on labelhmm<its not even that nice>

vodkamartini Sat 30-Aug-08 21:58:32

TopShop have other designer collections I think. I have a top I bought there but it is not TS...sorry can't remember what label it is and not going into bedroom to check or may wake sleeping grin 4 month old!

cheesesarnie Sat 30-Aug-08 21:59:34

no no thats ok!but surely it would say topshop on it somewhere non?

MerlinsBeard Sat 30-Aug-08 21:59:55

they have a boutique section as well usually

Bowddee Sat 30-Aug-08 22:01:02

Not if it's ex-stock. They have to cut the label out. But I can't remember why.

fishie Sat 30-Aug-08 22:02:55

dh neighbour at work makes dresses and some of them are at topshop. not their label, hers.

Jewelsandgems Sat 30-Aug-08 22:04:06

Agree it initially sounds strange, but then if you bought a coast dress in debenhams, the label would say 'coast' - not any metion of debenhams...

cheesesarnie Sat 30-Aug-08 22:04:54

ahh i see!so possibly.i googled name but nothing helpful came up.so do i just have to trust seller.

Bowddee Sat 30-Aug-08 22:06:08

Does it matter whether it's Topshop or not?

cheesesarnie Sat 30-Aug-08 22:09:32

no and infact i dont 'do ' labels(be it certain shop or designers).i just dont like it and from the quality plus name am not convinced its worth the almost £20 i paid for it.

fishie Sat 30-Aug-08 22:11:14

i expect the ebay person has mangled the name.

fishie Sat 30-Aug-08 22:13:18

oops i had written that about a week before i posted it. if that is what label said then of course you are right.

Bowddee Sat 30-Aug-08 22:15:22

Ahh, now I understand. There's no harm in asking for a refund, see what they say. If you paid by Paypal I think you can get a refund through them. Or something, I may be talking pants.

joliejolie Sun 31-Aug-08 10:19:04

Topshop stocks many brands (nothing to do with Topshop) if there is a concession section. Some of the boutique stuff will say Topshop, some don't.

I was in Topshop the other day and they had a few new concessions. Some of the items were overpriced tat! A big, puffy short net skirt (think Sex and the City) for £65?! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now