Talk

Advanced search

Come and look at these fantastic jeans i bought today

(30 Posts)
triffictits Sat 30-Aug-08 20:54:54

I bought these today - really nice because they are not quite denim material but more like smart/casual trousers - they will be good for winter i think!

But.......I cant put on any weight at all - they just fit me ok and if I put any on they will be too tight grin

www.johnlewis.com/17819/Product.aspx

IllegallyBrunette Sat 30-Aug-08 20:55:41

shock

They do look nice, but shock at the price.

Jewelsandgems Sat 30-Aug-08 20:57:25

They are fabulous!

I have Seven jeans in black too (but skinny) but be careful when washing - mine have faded quite alot despite following the washing guidelines....

Libra1975 Sat 30-Aug-08 20:58:29

The price is shock but I had a pair of sevens and they looked fantastic on, I wore them so much they ended up with holes! Am very jealous, bet they look fantastic on you!

brimfull Sat 30-Aug-08 20:59:38

fuck me
I've got some £10 ones from matalan like that.

widgypog Sat 30-Aug-08 21:06:31

always wash black jeans with colour liquid detergent inside out def on their own, Do not tumble dry as this fades too.

Are sevens as fab a people say or do they look like nice normal jeans if you see what I mean?

triffictits Sat 30-Aug-08 21:08:51

I did buy some other seven jeans about a year ago - the high rise bootcut and love them so much - they are so comfy and I wear them to death.

I was never convinced they were worth the money until i bought them and tried them - they really are worth the extra dosh.

Thanks jewels - i'll keep an eye on them fading and hope they dont.

triffictits Sat 30-Aug-08 21:10:00

widgy - they are fantastic - I always thought they were just over priced designer jeans - no way! Try the high rise bootcut ones - they are what converted me.

TheNaughtiestGirlIsaMonitor Sat 30-Aug-08 23:07:13

I don't see what's so great about them. They're nice, but not £169 worth of nice. I have a pair from new look, black, tight, same shape, and they were ?12.

I can't put on any weight either.

girlnextdoor Sat 30-Aug-08 23:15:36

More money than sensesmile

Jewelsandgems Sun 31-Aug-08 08:05:02

If someone has the money for the real thing, what's the problem?

[Some people like oak 'effect' flooring, whereas others buy real oak flooring - they both do the same thing but are not the same IYKWIM]

Chocolateteapot Sun 31-Aug-08 08:14:38

Well they look OK to me but what exactly is it about Seven jeans that justifies their price tag-when you say they are fab how exactly?

lizandlulu Sun 31-Aug-08 08:17:35

i suppose mostly you are just paying for the label as with everything. if it is named then it costs more.

saying that, i love labels and i dont think the price of them to too out the way. if they are fabulous and you have the money whats the problem?

Jewelsandgems Sun 31-Aug-08 08:54:28

I don't think it is that expensive when compared against some things; you pay thousends for your wedding dress, to wear it once, but jeans which are worn nearly every day of the week aren't worth a few hundred pounds?!

I think having some that makes you feel really great about yourself (and that may mean feeling great because you are wearing a quality item) then I am all for it.

I am not a label queen though, and all my other jeans are from oasis and topshop, and I bought these because they too make me feel great when wearing them.

girlnextdoor Sun 31-Aug-08 08:55:31

you are paying for the name-just how good can a pair of jean be?

I have a friend who wear Armani jeans all the time- i tried them on- - they are no different to anyone else's.

joliejolie Sun 31-Aug-08 10:02:38

Best jeans ever and worth the price.

triffictits Sun 31-Aug-08 16:10:58

It isnt just about paying for a name at all - they are so different to other jeans - i have worn gap, next, new look... none of them come anywhere near the quality and the shape that 7's give you. Its not that expensive when you consider how many times you wear them, I live in mine all weekend!

MarlaSinger Sun 31-Aug-08 16:17:13

But what makes them different and worth the price?

Not disputing it, when I lose the baby weight I'd love a pair, but I need them selling to me a bit more

triffictits Sun 31-Aug-08 18:40:06

well the blue jeans i have are different to normal jeans - the material is soooo much better - so soft and i dont know why, but they are just so comfy. They are the high rise ones though - I dont find the lower rise ones as comfy.

The black ones I bought yesterday are not denim - well they are a really really thin denim with lycra in them and they fit perfectly.

The give you a great shape imo and look good dressed down and even greater dressed up.

TheNaughtiestGirlIsaMonitor Sun 31-Aug-08 20:18:49

So, are they not made from denim then? ARe they made from something else?

How much new design can possibly go in to such a wardrobe classic as a pair of jeans?

I grasp that some pairs are better than other pairs, but I think after about £50 -£60 it's just idiot tax.

Saying that you feel better because you know your jeans cost a lot of money!! That proves it!

hatwoman Sun 31-Aug-08 20:21:38

I hate labels. but I love Seven jeans. they fit like no other make. the material is incredibly comfy and retains its shape (no baggy knees business), they are so flattering you can;t believe it - yes they look like other jeans when they're on the peg, and also when you see them on someone - but put that same someone in a different pair of jeans and you'd realise how great they are. they take a size off you. and I totally agree with the principle of spending money on something you wear all the time. get your one-off wedding-type outfits on the cheap. not your every-day jeans.

Tutter Sun 31-Aug-08 20:23:49

they will give

ime

wash on cold cycle

line dry

and iron

Tutter Sun 31-Aug-08 20:24:46

i wear jeans all the time

9 days out of 10 i mean

i buy the jeans i love and compromise elsewhere

twinsetandpearls Sun 31-Aug-08 20:27:16

PLease don;t turn this into a lets all knock someone who buys something expensive.

I wouldn;t buy them because I am too fat but in my skinnier days bought expensive jeans and the fit was great and price per wear was great.

theStallionOfSensibleness Sun 31-Aug-08 20:28:55

i dont get ££ jeans
but amw ailling to try em
wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now