Talk

Advanced search

Is it really ok to wear black to a wedding?

(15 Posts)

Please reassure that it is ok to wear black to a wedding. I am going to one tomorrow and having been talked out of wearing a boring Boden wrap dress I am now planning to wear a black heavy jersey sundress style dress with blue beading under the bust and a blue pashmina to brighten it up a bit. Sure it's not a no no?

Dragonbutter Fri 29-Aug-08 20:39:49

i wear black to weddings.
but then i wore green for my own.
wear what you look good in.

RedHead81 Fri 29-Aug-08 20:40:40

no its fine - Many people wear black to weddings - besides you have blue on it too - don't worry - have a fab day

S1ur Fri 29-Aug-08 20:41:01

Think it sounds fine.

LuLuMacGloo Fri 29-Aug-08 20:41:10

Absolutely fine as long as you brighten it up with something.

Thanks, my other option, in pink, just wasn't doing it for me. smile

mazzystar Fri 29-Aug-08 20:45:05

so long as you don't turn up looking like this it's fine

especially with a bit of colour

fret not

Damn Mazzy, looks like its the pink one after all.

RedHead81 Fri 29-Aug-08 20:55:38

mazzystar LOL @ link!

PinkyDinkyDooToo Fri 29-Aug-08 21:12:40

I wore a black dress to a wedding once. I had a gold pashmina. Agree with others that it is fine with a bit if bright colour too

TillyScoutsmum Fri 29-Aug-08 21:14:19

I agree - black at weddings is fine. I wore black and white to the last wedding I went to

Have fun smile

snickersnack Fri 29-Aug-08 21:20:56

I have a lovely black dress with white spots I've worn to lots of weddings. Never felt awkward. All black might be a bit strange, but your combo sounds lovely.

I've worn black twice, (with a bit a white).

Made it myself [proud emoticon].

Back from the wedding and had a lovely time, black was no an issue because almost all the ladies were in black! (It was a small wedding admittedly)And there I was thinking that I might stand out grin

NorkyButNice Sun 31-Aug-08 17:36:51

Black is fine for weddings - my bridesmaids were in black and they looked fantastic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now