Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know anything about La Redoute boys sizes? and would you buy this as a school coat?

(12 Posts)
WideWebWitch Fri 29-Aug-08 15:26:52

Have just had long phone call with ds, who is at ex MILS, about a new coat. We've both just been on the La Redoute site (the wonders of technology hey?) and ds likes this coat here and NONE of the others. But they've only got it in size 128 which is their 9/10. He's 10 but will be 11 in October. So anyone know:

what are their sizes like?
And anyway, do you think this is suitable for school? Part of me thinks not but just read the unifrom guidelines and they don't have rules on coats it seems so I don't feel inclined to argue. Apparently others have all sorts of coats. And it's not v practical but I do take the view that if he's cold, he's cold - I have pointed out that it's not warm but I long ago gave up arguing about warmth, if he wants to be cold that's hsi affair.

TIA for views.

Majeika Fri 29-Aug-08 15:30:13

It says 138 in my sizes - is that age 10

Am thinking if you could get a bigger one then it would last longer.

Vertbaudet sizes ALWAYS come up small ime.

SoupDragon Fri 29-Aug-08 15:31:32

Their adult clothes come up small IMO.

suwoo Fri 29-Aug-08 15:31:47

I second that vertbaudet sizes are very small.

Heated Fri 29-Aug-08 15:35:59

Sorry, imo that's not a suitable hoody for school grin but if ds convinces you that's what they all wear then order a year or two older ime.

WideWebWitch Fri 29-Aug-08 15:36:17

So it's prob not big enough then if it's 9/10 and he's nearly 11. Is La Redoute smae as verbaudet? thanks all. I tihnk he'll have to choose sometihng else. What a PITA.

WideWebWitch Fri 29-Aug-08 15:37:22

Well heated, I take your point! But as they haven't got it he'll have to choose something else anyway. No idea where to go, must be online, Boden looks rubbish. Aaagh.

Sidge Fri 29-Aug-08 15:44:46

Bear in mind La Redoute are so crap that it might be next September that you get it delivered... grin

Heated Fri 29-Aug-08 15:55:44

any on these pages he likes?

WideWebWitch Fri 29-Aug-08 16:42:15

Oh god sidge, yes, I'd forgotten that, have decided that's too small and we'll have to think again. I need next day or something. Thanks heated, will look at those.

Heated Sat 30-Aug-08 12:01:07

I don't know if they have anything your son would like but M&S are doing free nominated delivery for a short time with this code: BTSNDD08, if that helps.

BloodySmartarse Sat 30-Aug-08 12:04:25

gap have overpriced nice warm school coats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now