Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My skin looks like I'm 16 (the spotty yoof 16 not the American Beauty 16), any tips please?

(6 Posts)
Hadeda Thu 28-Aug-08 23:52:35

Just did the night time routine so had a good look and it's horrid! I have typical oily/spot prone skin on the nose and cheeks. I usually have spots on both my nose and cheeks, little whiteheads that leave an ugly red blotch for days. And any sort of "upset" - eg DD not sleeping, something stressing me out, change of water if we're away - just makes it worse than ever.

I do clean my face - I use facewash in the morning and evening. I put on moisturiser in the morning and a night cream most evenings. I use Olay stuff for all cleaning/moisturising - and have done since I was about 20. I don't wear make up every day, and when I do it's just foundation, mascara and lipstick.

Does anyone have any tips for me on fixing this (but without spending a fortune on beauty products or facials)?
Sorry, this all sounds rather gross on reading back but I am sick of looking like this!

Jewelsandgems Fri 29-Aug-08 08:30:21

Liz Earle cleanse and polish is excellent for breakouts. It feels lovely on and you can almost feel it working, and then you lightly rub it away with a hot damp muslin and then splash face with cold water. Honastly, I had a breakout situation when pregnant with DD2 and this worked like a dream, and within a week I hard great luminous skin (I used it every day)

I know it is perhaps more than you wanted topay, and there may be a lush version that could be used where you just buy your own muslin? Perhaps another MNers will be able to tell you more, because I have not used it.

Tutter Fri 29-Aug-08 08:31:24

exfoliate (gently) once or twice a week (i too favour liz earle's c&p)

drinks lots of water

Hadeda Fri 29-Aug-08 14:46:41

Thanks for that tip. I'll have a look at the Liz Earle stuff next time I'm at the shops. I don't mind buying one or two things, just don't want to get into buying all professional products. Something about being on unpaid maternity leave makes me feel guilty about it!!! And will try to drink lots of water, which I know I've always been bad at. Thank you - I hope to look radiant in a few weeks grin (as soon as the hormones rampaging from DD dropping feeds die down as well!)

Tutter Fri 29-Aug-08 16:01:41

don't think you can get liz earle on the high street - i buy online direct from her site

i have a theory that it's the removing-with-muslin that really makes the difference (rather than the product itself) - have yet to test it out by using a cheaper cleanser, but there you go

my tip if you're on a budget is to use your regular cleanser and remove it with an old (clean) baby muslin

Snaf Fri 29-Aug-08 16:07:03

I tried Liz Earle and it is nice but tbh I have had much better results with Lush's Ultrabland - a fraction of the price! Removing with muslins is the thing, though, definitely.

Plus plenty of water and don't pick them^ (my downfall!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now