Talk

Advanced search

Swimmer's shampoos??? Recommendations needed please

(29 Posts)
sillybigsausage Thu 28-Aug-08 23:15:25

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good shampoo to get chlorine out of hair post swims - oh and a conditioner that will help avoid the post swim scare crow look?

Cheers!!

SesQal Thu 28-Aug-08 23:17:20

Boots do a v reasonably priced range of hair products for sun and swim. Includes a shampoo, conditioner and a 2in1.

3littlefrogs Thu 28-Aug-08 23:19:27

Sainsburys and Boots both do a dechlorinating shampoo. Sainsburys is cheaper, I haven't tried the Boots one yet. Boots also do the conditioner, not sure if Sainsburys do. Charles Worthington conditioner is very good - you only need a little bit. Dd uses a spray on detangler after swimming, but I can't remember the make. If I can find out I will come back and post again - I know we bought it in Boots.

barking Thu 28-Aug-08 23:23:25

kerastase shampoo
and conditioner
is the absolute best, I go swimming every other day and have found nothing else comes close. These two products have won lots of awards too.

barking Thu 28-Aug-08 23:25:16

whoops wrong link kerastase shampoo

sillybigsausage Fri 29-Aug-08 19:04:34

Thank you!!! I will look at the Keratese, Boots and sainsbury's - many thnx

binkythebullet Fri 29-Aug-08 19:05:42

Boots is rubbish IMO - made my hair drier than the sahara. Definitely splash out on the kErastase.

sillybigsausage Fri 29-Aug-08 19:41:22

Binky My hair is a bit like the Sahara ATM - will try the Kerates I think

Can I buy it in any supermarket?

Barking thanx for the links - and well done for swimming evey day. I manage 3 times a week (4 if lucky) but would love to go each morning if only I could

sillybigsausage Fri 29-Aug-08 19:42:12

Oops I mean Keratase not Teese

binkythebullet Fri 29-Aug-08 21:03:39

Think you need to get it from a L'Oreal stockist - most hairdressers should have it in.

sillybigsausage Fri 29-Aug-08 21:49:26

Binky?Barking - have just ordered some Keratase shampoo & conditioner from that link :

barking Sat 30-Aug-08 15:20:02

Hi Sillybigsausage, I got mine from my hairdresser but will be buying from that link from now on as it is very expensive - you only need a small amount though, which is just aswell!
Let me know how quick delivery is and what you think.
I promise you it's fab!

sillybigsausage Sat 30-Aug-08 18:42:27

Barking - will do

I ordered last night so will expect it towards the end of the week. I went a bit mad and ordered 2 x shampoo and 2 x conditioner, so it should last for months. The postage is free on that website, whivh is gret!

fishie Sat 30-Aug-08 18:48:00

i have very fine curly shoulder length hair and swim lots too, so it is pretty dry.

what sort of hair is yours barking, do you think that kerastase would be good for me?

the problem i have is finding something moisturising enough which doesn't weigh down hair.

barking Sat 30-Aug-08 21:05:05

Will keep checking the thread Sillybigsausage...
Fishie - my hair is thick and slightly wavy, so not sure with fine hair...the ones I linked to are extremely rich.... maybe just concentrate on the ends if that's where it gets dry?

sillybigsausage Sun 31-Aug-08 11:08:51

fishie i have fine hair too and hate the feeling of any gunk on it, so will let you know how the Keratase feels when it hopefully arrives in next few days..IKWYM about "weight"

fishie Sun 31-Aug-08 20:09:06

thank you both, i will wait to hear. i've heard fab things about kerastase too.

sillybigsausage Fri 05-Sep-08 13:21:58

Well it has arrived - will use it over the weekend as I forgot to put in my swim bag this morning, so still have the old shampoo for today

barking Tue 09-Sep-08 22:02:18

Sillybigsausage - How's the hair?

used2bthin Tue 09-Sep-08 23:17:18

Sorry for the hi jack but do you think the Kerastase would be good for hair that seems to get product build up with every shampoo? Honestly the amount of products I have got that I used for a week then spent a week washing with head and shoulders to get the build up out! I am using boots fragrence free at the moment but still feels greasy from the Charles Worthington dream hair one that I was using a couple of weeks ago.

sillybigsausage Wed 10-Sep-08 21:48:08

Sorry about the delay - turned into Waynetta Slob over weekend and didn't wash hair for several days blush

Well Keratas made my hair look very healthy and shiney fo work yesterday (took 10 years off me LOL - from the back!!)

Feels slightly oily and gunky now, 48 hours later, but on balance that is better than the dried out bird's nest I have had on my head recntly!!

pistachio Wed 10-Sep-08 22:16:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

used2bthin Wed 10-Sep-08 23:37:46

Thank you pistachio, do you think that would be ok for coloured hair too? I only have semi permanents done but when I used head and shoulders it completely stripped it so it faded so quickly. That looks more natural though??

pistachio Thu 11-Sep-08 11:09:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sillybigsausage Thu 11-Sep-08 16:48:22

Thanks Pistachio, I'll have a look at that one too!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now