Talk

Advanced search

Older bride

(6 Posts)
43Today Thu 28-Aug-08 21:39:25

Ok I am thinking of second wedding outfits - did the meringue/fairy tale thing first time round and now am in my early 40s so it wouldn't look right with my crows feet anyway. I still want to wear some form of white/cream but am thinking more along the lines of very sophisticated fitted 50s dress plus bolero/little jacket. would like to look very feminine and as young as possible without being muttony.

I am 5'4, size 8, 34B bust, nice legs.. Golden brown hair, green eyes. Any websites with inspirational ideas around? I'd be happy to have something made specifically. I'm not too keen on the current strapless A-line full length look. I do like halter necks though.

PS No idea what time of year wedding will be yet!!!

hughjarssss Thu 28-Aug-08 21:51:23

Hi 43Today

this is a great thread for brides to be.

Full of really nice people who love talking about weddings.

Everyone would love to hear about all your wedding and Tillyscoutsmum is an expert on dresses!

Hope you'll join us smile

43Today Thu 28-Aug-08 22:14:12

thanks Hugh I'll check that thread out. To be honest, it's all very early days yet, no date set, just gathering ideas and of course I want to fantasise about my dress!!

You will understand I am sure..

hughjarssss Thu 28-Aug-08 23:19:29

Half the funs in the planning .. and dreaming about the dress grin

hughjarssss Thu 28-Aug-08 23:21:03

BTW is it your birthday?

If so HAPPY BIRTHDAY grin

<< decorates the thread in banners and balloons just in cake>>

hughjarssss Thu 28-Aug-08 23:22:16

Oh and envy of size 8!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now