Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what colour shall I dye my jacket, currently lime/olive green......?

(5 Posts)
luckymummy74 Wed 27-Aug-08 22:51:09

It's my bargain from ebay, from benetton, a cropped zip up cordruoy jacket. I really love it but it's a really gawdy green colour, cross between lime and olive green. It also currently clashes with my pea green bugaboo shock grin!!!

I am blonde and wear a lot of browns....not sure I want it brown though. Was thinking of a deep purple??

Any thoughts?

Jewelsandgems Thu 28-Aug-08 08:46:13

The deep purple sounds nice, but also how about a darker green, wine red, or that rich navy blue that is everywhere right now?

seb1 Thu 28-Aug-08 08:56:07

Remember the thread in the seams etc probably won't take the dye well, so it will be contrasting.

Sputnik Thu 28-Aug-08 12:23:34

Hate to rain on your parade but the existing colour will effect the final result. Brown would work but if you dyed it purple or red it would come out, er brown. Blue would work (would come out bluey green) or a darker green. Remember the thing about the stitches too, I have lived to regret dying several things because of this.

luckymummy74 Thu 28-Aug-08 21:50:28

Very good point about the stitches. I hadn't thought of that.

I know whatever I dye it will be affected by the current colour, I've been trying to remember what colours together make what?!!

Maybe a dark green that the olive green stitching will then just contrast but not clash with?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now