Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find girls' ankle boots? Clarks has failed me completely!

(10 Posts)
BlueCornflower Wed 27-Aug-08 21:47:26

Is this the right place to start a thread about kids' shoes?

I want to buy my 4 year old DD a pair of boots for the winter and can't find any anywhere. I just want normal easy-to-wear ankle boots, like she's always had. I don't want knee length things - FOR A 4 YR OLD??? Clarks don't sell any and nor do Startrite, and I do want to get them fitted properly, not just buy off the shelf.

Where can I go??? She's a size 10. All the nicer (more 'babyish') ones only go up to size 9.5. She just needs something that covers her foot (not the normal sort she's already got for school) but not ones that go up to her knee that will surely not be easy to climb climbing frames etc in? What is it with fashion this autumn? ARGHHHHHH...

cocolepew Wed 27-Aug-08 21:48:18

Asda for a tenner

BlueCornflower Wed 27-Aug-08 21:54:03

Thanks but just looked and they are black and boring and I'd rather get her fitted.

alarkaspree Wed 27-Aug-08 21:56:11

Independent shoe shop? Ecco? My local shoe shop has a lot made by Aster which are lovely, pricey though.

Why don't you get her fitted at clarkes and then buy from somewhere else?

BlueCornflower Wed 27-Aug-08 22:01:38

Yes, could get her measured at Clarks but on occasions I have gone between Clarks and Startrite and taken shoes back the next day and got remeasured, she has always changed.

I looked at Ecco which are sold by a local independent shop but they didn't do any either.

I guess I wondered why the shoes had changed so much, or maybe it's because she was a smaller size before. Was it the same last yer?

Sidge Wed 27-Aug-08 22:05:38

We get DD2 Ricosta boots at an independent shoe shop. They're gorgeous.

BlueCornflower Wed 27-Aug-08 22:12:33

Yes, Ricosta are nice.

Jewelsandgems Wed 27-Aug-08 22:23:47

These are not fitted, but look really cute on and are warm and cosy for winter

www.next.co.uk/shopping/children/girlsshoes/3/13

I have the chesnut coloured ones for DD1 (yes I have the same but in genuine UGGS, and she is overjoyed that hers look like mine)

BlueCornflower Thu 28-Aug-08 09:08:36

I was lying in bed last night and thought of Next! Thanks. That is where I will go! Sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now