Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about Uniqlo...

(11 Posts)
bikerunski Tue 26-Aug-08 21:37:46

Often see their stuff in magazines. Like the stuff on the website. Live nowhere near London (yey! took me 19 years to escape).

Chuffed to see they do mail order.

Is their stuff any good ? (seems quite cheap)
What are their sizes like? (I am taller and chunkier than the average japanese person)
Anyone have any experience of their mail order service?

LetThemEatCake Tue 26-Aug-08 21:59:20

I've got a few of their things. Not bad, decent quality, not exactly cutting edge but good basics. I have a denim mini that I live in. Their sizes seem pretty standard, I would say, so buy what you'd usually buy. Not sure about their mail order, sorry, I'm in London

fishie Tue 26-Aug-08 22:02:55

the colours are different in rl. i am going tomorrow so if you want me to look at anything for you i will. they are usually on the smaller side but some things are strangely huge.

Tommy Tue 26-Aug-08 22:04:14

I have a few of their T shirts which I bought online. They are good basic things - not too fancy but fine for me in my post natal, slightly overweight state.

Service was quick IIRC

Sizing - go large I would say. I was a 16 when I bought them and got XL which is a baggy ish fit.

poppy34 Tue 26-Aug-08 22:05:08

good stuff for basics...agree wtih tommy that comes up a bit small so go larger than would normally.

babyOcho Tue 26-Aug-08 22:05:53

The sizes seem a little small, and I find that the trousers/jeans are a strange cut for me.
The tops are really good.
It's quite cheap.

Aimsmum Tue 26-Aug-08 22:08:05

Message withdrawn

brimfull Wed 27-Aug-08 00:38:41

I have been impressed generally.have bought some t-shirts and jeans from them,delivery was very quick.The quality is good,sizing pretty normal imo.THe jeans in particular are nice,really nice quality denim.
Would like to try the knitwear.

LaCerbiatta Wed 27-Aug-08 08:43:50

The knitwear is brilliant. Good quality and very cheap. I buy small and I'm a size 10. Their jeans come out small and unfortunately only 32 inches long so too short for me, but the quality is very impressive.
I always order online and it arrives a couple of days later.

bikerunski Wed 27-Aug-08 10:40:39

Thanks ladies. I am planning my post pregancy wardrobe!

halogen Wed 27-Aug-08 10:44:54

I think the jeans are great and the knitwear is also very very good for the prices. I buy small or extra small and am an 8 with broad shoulders. Things like gloves and hats are good too - I got a beautiful cashmere hat and scarf last year very cheaply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now