Talk

Advanced search

Cream trouser suit - yay or nay?

(12 Posts)
JolieGirl Tue 26-Aug-08 18:42:26

I have a wedding to go to in a couple of weeks time and after looking balefully at the contents of my bank account I am now looking equally balefully inside wardrobe to see what I can recycle/reinvigorate to wear!

I have a gorgeous heavy cream trouser suit which I bought from Coast about 4 years ago. I can't wear anything more floaty/summery really as I had a second baby 3 months ago and still feeling a bit plump around the middle although back to a size 12. Are cream trouser suits a bit naff though nowadays?? The last time I saw anyone wearing one was that bitchy Katie Hopkins from the Apprentice!

If not then ideas please on how to make it bang up to date - shoes, accessories etc etc please!!

JolieGirl Tue 26-Aug-08 18:54:59

Please?! Anyone!!!

widgypog Tue 26-Aug-08 19:31:41

i went to a wedding sat and there was a very glam girl wearing a white karen millen suit ..go for it..wear colour underneath though

JolieGirl Tue 26-Aug-08 20:09:18

Cool...so what colour underneath? What shoes? Heels? Pumps? Wedges? Bag?? More help needed please!!!

triffictits Tue 26-Aug-08 20:13:37

I wore a gorgeous cream trouser suit to a wedding once - it also had a slight black pinstripe in it.

Fuschia pink would be lovely underneath it and would brighten it up. But most bright colours could look nice.

As for accessories - I bought a big pin on flower and wore it on the lapel (sounds awful but looked fantastic - not sure where i bought it from but you can get them in a lot of places) and some lovely beads.

Sure it will look fab it you dress it up nicely.

RubySlippers Tue 26-Aug-08 20:15:44

go for a over sized clutch i think

i love amber beads or some brown, chunky bangles would look nice

shoes - pointy toes if they are peeking out from under the trousers, or wedges - definitely a heel

needamiracle Tue 26-Aug-08 20:16:43

My friend wore a cream suit with lime green underneath and a lime green hat to a wedding. Looked stunning.

widgypog Tue 26-Aug-08 20:32:49

something like this? also available in purple..very on trend colour

i would say neutal or cream shoes would make your legs look longer(not sure if you need that) any nice heels really..nice clutch to match top ..off you go

moondog Tue 26-Aug-08 20:34:26

Yeay.
Aslong as not over size 14 will look v nice amsure.

widgypog Tue 26-Aug-08 20:34:49

ooh these

MrsMattie Tue 26-Aug-08 20:35:30

A friend recently wore a cream trouser suit with a kind of lilac-ey coloured silky top underneath & strappy sandals in similar lilac colour. Looked stunning.

mylovelymonster Tue 26-Aug-08 20:37:14

I would go with a vibrant colour in camisole/blouse, jewellery or neck-scarf, clutch bag. Whichever is your favourite. Shoes can be expensive - do you have some to go with?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now