Talk

Advanced search

Coats for boys. Is there such thing as a nice one?

(8 Posts)
PeaMcLean Tue 26-Aug-08 17:00:29

I don't know what I want. I just know that it's impossible to get something that doesn't look deathly dull or revoltingly cheap.

Needs to be warm. With a hood.

Kammy Tue 26-Aug-08 17:42:47

Have you tried going to an outdoor shop like Millets?
I got a really warm, fleeece lined waterproof coat for ds, very reasonably priced, and actually looks quite cool....if you like the 'just about to climb a mountain look' ...which I do!

muddleduck Tue 26-Aug-08 20:26:13

How old?

thisisyesterday Tue 26-Aug-08 20:31:26

yes yes Baby Gap have some lovely ones atm!

thisisyesterday Tue 26-Aug-08 20:35:11

these ones. they don't sell online, but UK stores stock the same stuff. saw these in there the other day and tyhey're lovely

MrsMattie Tue 26-Aug-08 20:38:35

I got DS a lovely big, cuddly jacket from Zara for £12 on Saturday. They do it in navy or red (we opted for red) - it's like a classier version of a puffa jacket grin with grey fleecy lining, very roomy and cosy looking, super warm and lovely. Also got him a lighter jacket - a grey and black checked raincoat - also for £12 from Zara. Bargain.

MrsMattie Tue 26-Aug-08 20:39:01

DS is 3 yrs old, btw.

WilfSell Tue 26-Aug-08 20:40:14

To be really, really cool, the ONLY coat a small boy needs is a parka. With a fur-lined hood. Our DSs have millions of em.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now