Talk

Advanced search

Every farking morning I end up like a panda...

(14 Posts)
WilfSell Tue 26-Aug-08 12:11:31

...I get all beautifully made up (well, not every morning) and some time later (usually within an hour) something (make up itself? moisturiser? what?) gets into my eyes and I start to cry and the mascara spreads all over my face.

To make it worse it always happens in one eye only so I look like a right plonker at work.

What am I doing wrong? It never used to happen.

Mamazon Tue 26-Aug-08 12:12:35

It sounds as though your eye is being irritated by something your wearing.

have you chanegd brand of anything like mascara? eyeliner? shadow? foundation? etc etc]

MmeLindt Tue 26-Aug-08 12:13:37

Try Blinc mascara, it never runs.

WilfSell Tue 26-Aug-08 12:14:04

I try out new things all the time. Which means I'm always changing my eyestuff.

It ALWAYS does it, even on tried and tested brands...

WilfSell Tue 26-Aug-08 12:15:57

Thanks - I did try the Blinc stuff but I don't actually like it. It doesn't run but it does rub off very easily when your eyes are streaming! And I'm not mad keen on the effect of Blinc mascara: not enough 'oomph' for me.

Even so, I also end up with streaky everything else since the tears wash away the concealer etc...

Ho hum.

I'd like to stop it happening in the firstplace.

Perhaps I should try some hypoallergenic stuff...?

macherie Tue 26-Aug-08 12:22:40

You could try getting your eyelashes tinted so you don't need mascara

bethoo Tue 26-Aug-08 12:24:29

dont wear mascara on the lower lashes

MmeLindt Tue 26-Aug-08 12:24:30

I used to get sore eyes with some brands of eye cream or moisturiser. It is a bit trial and error to find what is causing the problem.

bethoo Tue 26-Aug-08 12:25:33

dont wear liquid foundation but try the mineral powder stuff ,it is so fine that even when it rains you barely notice it.

CashmereKate Tue 26-Aug-08 12:25:48

The L'Oreal waterproof mascaras are fab. I have tried about 20 different mascaras in my time and the l'oreal ones are head and shoulders above the rest, even those from lancome, clarins etc. They don't bother my sensitive eyes and they don't run at all.

heroicsavage Tue 26-Aug-08 12:32:45

I use Lancome long-lasting softening concealer to keep my eyeshadow etc in place, just dab a bit over and under your eyes after putting on your moisturiser. I am very sensitive when it comes to creams etc and use the Simple moisturiser. I believe the body shop does a range of hypoallergenic make ups. You could try using a pencil instead of powder and creams on your eyes. Try these links:
http://www.safecosmetics.co.uk/HypoallergenicMakeUp.html
http://www.avon.com/1/3/avon-hypoa llergenic-makeup

hopefully Tue 26-Aug-08 13:34:57

Also recommend leaving it as long as possible between applying eye cream and eye make up - I think perhaps eye cream can help make/cream combo to bleed into the eye, making it weep.

Do your eyes weep if you don't wear any eye make up?

JackieNo Tue 26-Aug-08 13:36:41

Yes - maybe switch to a eye gel in the mornings, to help avoid any seepage.

triffictits Tue 26-Aug-08 13:44:55

I used to have this problem too - well i still do if i use certain brands of eyeshadow, foundation or mascara.

I've started using MAC eyeshadow and Dior mascara - seems to be the only combination that doesnt leave my eyes streaming within minutes of applying it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now